Chapter 11

N / A: I'm here with another chapter. I'm hoping to get another one out semi-soon, but I have a 6-page essay, a backboard, and a book due by Thursday next week, so I'll be busy. Why I decided to self publish poetry for a class project, I have no idea, I was an idiot. But anyway, I have Arsonist's Lullaby by Hozier, I feel like it kind of ties in with how he views self-harm, not just anorexia, but every way he harms himself, as a control that he has over his life, and instead of facing up to his demons and dealing with his problems, he just controls them, so that's how I look at this song through this character, but I don't know, there are a lot of ways to see it. I've been getting kind of into Hozier recently, I'm mildly obsessed with Cherry Wine, the acoustic version is fucking gorgeous. Also, does anyone actually like the music I recommend or is this just something that I like doing that I think everyone else is equally happy with? Either way, I'm gonna keep it up. Holy shit, this was a long Authors Note, but happy Friday, everyone.

In the morning, Logan woke up and Oliver was gone. He leaned over to check his alarm clock. 5:30 am He sighed quietly and got up, walking to his dresser and throwing on a few sweaters and some jeans as usual. He didn't know how to feel about Oliver..they were friends, only friends. He knew he couldn't let things go to shit just because of his feelings, he couldn't lose Oliver, not again.

The boy sighed quietly, biting his lip as he pulled his fingers through his hair. He walked downstairs to the kitchen and looked around. His dads wouldn't be up for another thirty minutes. He walked to the pantry and took out the cereal, setting it on the counter. I've grabbed a bowl, washing it out with water and setting it in the sink before he left the kitchen again, walking to the bathroom and grabbing the pill bottle, looking at it.

Zoloft; Pierce, Logan; 75 mg; daily use

He wondered how hard it could be to get a prescription for Adderall, he heard from a forum online that it practically killed hunger pains immediately and kept you focused. If there were any longterm side effects to drug abuse, maybe he wouldn't live long enough to find out about them anyway. He shook his head and opened the bottle, tilting it until a pill fell into his hand. He stared at it for a moment before closing the bottle again and putting it back, walking to his room and putting it in the jar before he grabbed his journal. He hadn't really been charting numbers lately, He finished the fast yesterday, He hadn't eaten dinner, but other than that, He hadn't eaten anything for almost three days. He smiled a little to himself, taking out the journal and grabbing a pen.

November 29, Thursday:
Breakfast: 0
Lunch: 0
Dinner: 2 celery sticks, 10 saltines: 122
122 calories total

He grabbed a pack of gum in his desk as he slid the journal under his bed, then putting the pack back and slowly unwrapped the piece of gum, staring at it before he put it in his mouth (5). he grabbed an oversized jacket and his backpack, it was almost 6:00, time to get on the bus.

He was just walking down the stairs when he heard a voice.

"Logan!" his father, Allen, he was always up earlier than his other dad, Matthew.

"Yeah, Dad?" He called back, walking into the kitchen.

"You left the cereal out again." he said, looking to Logan. He was already dressed in a suit with his hair done, cleaning his wire-frame glasses with a small lens cleaner. Logan gave a small smile, grabbing the box and putting it in the pantry.

"Sorry, I'll remember next time." The red-headed boy said and his father smiled.

"Are you doing alright, bud?" He asked Logan, a small smile on his face as he crossed his arms, concerned. Logan nodded.