Chapter 21

A/N: It is 3:07 AM but I really wanted to finish up writing so take this, it's the only productive thing I've done all day other than biking to the park and petting my cat. Also, in case you didn't know, beach bunny is the same band that wrote the song Prom Queen. They're a really good band and I swear to god, every song they write is a bop, every single one, and it perfectly blends that upbeat tune and depressing lyrics type shit that I live for. Anyways, have a good night or day and I hope you like this chapter.

That morning Logan and his dads had hung out and had coffee before sitting in the living room opening presents. Logan had gotten a new sketchbook, the newest laptop, a new phone, a digital art tablet, a calendar with cool designs for each month and a mug with bob ross on the front. He'd come to expect Christmas to be filled with expensive, extravagant gifts, but he'd be no less happy if one year they decided to just have breakfast and hang out around the fire talking. He'd felt kind of bad about only getting Allen a Queen t-shirt and painting Matthew a picture, but they both seemed content with their presents.

Sy picked him up around 2:00 pm and drove them to the mall. Sy preferred to be the one driving them places, Logan wasn't sure why, but he was fine with it if that's what Sy wanted. When they parked, the parking lot wasn't as full as usual, but there were still a decent amount of cars there, and some shops were closed, but there were a few that were open. It was nice to not have a huge crowd anyways.

"How was your Christmas morning? Did you get anything cool?" Sy asked and Logan shrugged with a little smile.

"The normal stuff: tech updates, a calendar, a mug, I did get a digital art tablet though, I've been meaning to try out digital art and I mentioned it a few weeks ago, so I'm excited to try that out." Logan said and Sy nodded. "What'd you get?"

"Tech updates, a new watch, a couple shirts, and some other stuff, but it was pretty typical." He said. "It's just like, I don't even know what I want anymore."

"Yeah, I like gifts, but I'd be okay with just hanging out with my dads even if I didn't get presents, that's what I really like about Christmas, just getting to hang out with them because usually, I don't have both of them home except once in a while or over the holidays." Logan said with a little shrug and Sy nodded. "What's Tyler up to?"

"I think he's working on some hacking thing, they got him a computer programming book as part of his present and he goes nuts for that shit, so he's been holed away in his room all morning reading and downloading programming software onto his new computer." Sy said with a small smile.

"I bet he'll be some kind of multi-million dollar website designer someday." Logan said with a soft giggle and Sy chuckled.

"If he doesn't turn into a mad scientist and actually figure out how to make some kind of monster first."

"Or discover how to talk to animals."

"If he does, I swear he'll never hang out with humans again." Sy said jokingly and Logan nodded.

"What about you?"

"Hm?"

"I mean, what do you plan to do other than acting?" Logan asked and Sy shrugged.

"I've thought about going into comedy or theatre or something, but realistically, I'll probably just take on the family business, I'm the better salesman and I guess I'm the better leader out of the two of us? Ty doesn't really like people so my parents don't have much hope of him being the next CEO." Sy said and Logan nodded a little.

"Yeah, that's understandable. I don't really have a problem being next in line for the company, it's just..I wanna go to college for art and that'd make any degree kind of pointless."