Chapter 8

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't gotten something out before now. Things got crazy and school work piled up, so I had to take a break, but here's this chapter. I'll try to post more often, though I'm not going to say I have a set schedule, I'll try to post at least once a week. Thank you to everyone supporting this story in any way and again, I'm sorry it's been so long. Anyways, let's get onto the song.

It was the first cold day, the kind where the windows were icy, the morning dew was replaced with a light dusting of frost, and you could see the breath of a hundred highschool kids as they stepped off the bus. Logan walked to his locker wearing an oversized beige cableknit sweater, a smaller white sweater under that, and a t-shirt, but he was still shivering. He reached his locker and his hands wouldn't stop shaking. He knew he probably wouldn't warm up even a little until he was sitting in a hot bath drinking tea with the bathroom heater turned to high.

It was also the first day that Sy was back in school, his parents had kept him home an extra week after he got home from the hospital just to be sure he was okay. The red haired boy grabbed his history book out of his locker and walked to Syrus's locker to see how he was doing. When he got there, Sy looked worlds different than he had at the hospital; his hair was brushed, the bags under his eyes had lightened, and a small smile was present as he was busy getting his own history book.

"Hey." Logan said with a smile. Sy turned to Logan, smiling wider.

"Hey, stick, how've you been?" He asked.

"I was gonna ask you that, you're the one who's been gone two weeks."

"Okay, well you answer first, then I'll tell you." Sy said, closing his locker and leaning against it with one arm as he looked down at Logan

"I've been okay." Logan said.

"Just okay?"

"Well, yeah, there's been a lot of tests and stuff so I need more sleep but I'm fine." LiarLiarLiar.

"Oh okay, I heard from Ivy that you went out with Oliver Cross, what's up with that?" Sy asked with a little smirk. Logan blushed.

"We just hung out, it's nothing, we used to be best friends in like, middleschool." He said and Sy smiled a little.

"You were friends with the Oliver Cross in middle school? What happened?" He asked and Logan shrugged.

"He just kinda got bored of me, I guess." Liar.

"Asshole." Sy breathed out and Logan shook his head.

"It's fine, I don't blame him."

"What do you mean you don't blame him? You're one of the most interesting guys I know, Loggy, don't discredit yourself."

"It's whatever. Tell me about how you've been." Logan said quickly.

"Well, the hospital was wack, I have way more stories than I can tell before next period, but I've been home catching up on work and sleeping for the most part, mom and dad still won't let me take my car out by myself or sleep alone." He sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"That sucks." Logan said, remembering how his dads had nearly watched his every step after he'd gotten back from the hospital, how the knives had been put in locked cabinets, and he hadn't been allowed to lock his bedroom door or be left home alone for nearly two months.

"Yeah, but I mean, it's fine." Sy said. "Did you see the play signups?" He asked and Logan shook his head before Sy gave him a folded up paper out of his pocket and Logan looked over it.

"I think I might just do backstage this year, are you still audtioning for the mad hatter?" He asked and Sy nodded.

"I'm auditioning for everything but I'm hoping I'll get the mad hatter." He said and Logan nodded with a smile.