Chapter 42

A/N: Hello all you guys, gals, and groovy dudes, here is your next chapter as promised. Sorry about the confusion last night, I accidentally published this before it was done, but now it is so we can get back to your regularly not-so-scheduled programming. I recently found Gang Of Youths, it's this Dark Academia type band that sort of feels like a mix of punk, indie, and classical, but also there's French sometimes, and Achilles, Come Down is honestly one of my favorite songs right now, you should check it out. I hope you guys like this chapter and have a really good week, remember to drink water and read good poetry.

Logan smiled softly, looking down from the bridge at the frozen over pond. His fingers were frozen numb and his nose was probably turned red by now, but it was so pretty out, snowing just enough to feel meaningful.

"Come on, Stick, catch up." Ivy said with a smile and Logan giggled, running to catch up with his friends. They'd all finally decided on a place to go: to the park to feed the ducks..except there were no ducks because it was winter, but it was still pretty so they were all walking the path. It had been a while since they'd all done something together.

"It's so nice out, it almost feels nostalgic." Sy said and Ivy nodded.

"I think I'll write a poem about snow later." Grace said as Tyler was leaning up to catch a snowflake on his tongue.

"Will I be crucified if I say I like Fall better?" Oliver asked. "Snow is wet and cold."

"But it's so pretty." Logan said, looking around at the white landscape.

"But you're freezing." Oliver said, looking down at the shivering boy.

"But it's so pretty." Logan said again with a giggle and Oliver chuckled.

"Ooh, there's a park." Ivy said. "Grace, my love, come, swing me." Ivy giggled and grabbed her girlfriend's hand, running over with her as Grace grinned and followed.

"They're so cute." Logan said with a quiet giggle and Oliver took his hand. Their relationship wasn't exactly a secret anymore, Logan just wasn't really a fan of PDA.

"Aren't they? I'm just glad she's happy." Sy said and Tyler smiled, nodding.

Things had been better between Logan and Syrus, they weren't exactly best friends anymore, but maybe it was true what they said about time changing things. The bitterness had melted away between them and they could almost talk now without it being awkward. Logan had decided that he didn't mind Syrus dating Jace, it was okay with him, not that it was his decision in the first place, but he'd made peace with it.

"You want me to swing you too?" Oliver asked Logan and the boy giggled, nodding as he walked over with him to the park area and Syrus and Tyler went off on their own to the other playground equipment, seeming to have some kind of competition going on involving the merry-go-round. If they weren't twins Logan was sure he'd forget they were brothers except for the moments when they went into one of their spontaneous competitions.

"Hold on." Oliver said softly before pushing Logan on the swing and Logan held tightly to the chain even if it made his fingers turn red with the cold of the metal.

"You guys better fucking stop, I swear to god, I'm gonna get jealous." Ivy said with a laugh and Logan giggled.

"Nah, you guys are way cuter." Logan said.

"You know, I'm actually pretty happy being in my own relationship." Oliver said.

"Oh yeah, no, definitely, I love my boyfriend, my relationship is great." Logan said as he laughed quietly and Ivy snorted.

"That sounded about half as genuine as it should have." Oliver said with a chuckle, playfully grabbing the chains to stop the swing.

Logan squeaked at the sudden change and his face went red, holding onto the chain still. "You're mean." Logan said with a little pout that he could only maintain for about three seconds before he was smiling again.