Bad Influence // Reader X Betty Cooper (requested)

Requested by - @bingham12_

Betty Cooper knew from the moment she first laid her bright blue eyes on the smiling girl in front of her, that her final year at Riverdale high would surely be the best.

The blonde haired girl headed her way towards y/n, the girl she had recently asked out. "hey babe" the young girl greeted Betty, placing a kiss upon her soft lips. Of all places, the high school was the only one where they could be themselves, well, be themselves without Alice poking her nose into their business. You see, Alice didn't like y/n very much, so if she were to find out that she is Betty's girlfriend...well you can imagine her reaction. To Alice y/n was a bad influence but betty likes to think of her as a free spirit.

"Ugh I hate exams, I don't even know what its about" Y/n groan. "well if you actually paid attention, then maybe you would know." Archie pitched in walking past the pair. The y/e/c eyed girl glared at the redhead. "its okay y/n, ill help you, come over to mine at 7 and we will study together." Betty replied optimistically. "oh yeah and your mother would love that" y/n rolled her eyes playfully. The blonde linked her arm with her girlfriends' "Just shut up and come over."

Soon enough, evening fell upon the town with pep. The y/h/c girl knocked on the red door with every hope of Betty welcoming her in. Yet all her hope was soon lost when a very surprised looking Alice Cooper opened the door. "Hey mrs Cooper, erm is betty in?" y/n said trying not to make eye contact with the older woman. "She maybe, yes, what do you want with my daughter? Going to drag her into more trouble are you?" She asked sarcastically. "actually I came to study with her." Alice narrowed her eyes in disbelief, not buying her reasons.

After a long and most awkward conversation with Alice, y/n sat on the bed besides her girlfriend. "This is so boring." The young girl complained. Betty sighed, they had been working for 2 hours going over the subject and ever note that the blonde possibly had and y/n wasn't taking anything in. "can we have a break now?" y/n wined. "Fine. Fine." Betty held her hands up in surrender, giving into her girlfriends complaints.

Alice crept up the stairs, her curiosity getting the better of her. Betty's door remained ever so slightly open, but it was enough of a gap for the woman to see how close the girls were getting, both giggling at some joke one of them had made. y/n's hand reached up to cup Bettys cheek. Betty looked her in the eyes, a smile playing on her lips, before the blonde leaned in. As the pair's lips met, the door swung open revealing a very unhappy mrs cooper. "What do you think you are doing young lady." She raised her voice. Bettys head shot towards her mothers voice. y/n cleared her throat awkwardly, trying not to laugh at the tension in the room right now.

"I...well...mom....the thing is, y/n and I are...dating" The girl smiled as she grasped on to y/n's hand. "dating? You're dating...her?" Alice exclaimed. "okay Alice, what is your problem with me?" She asked, getting irritated at the sound of her voice. "You're a bad influence!"

"Is that it? That's your excuse. Don't you care about your daughters happiness?"

Alice sighed in defeat. All she had ever wanted is for her perfect daughter to be happy, everything she did was for her. Now with y/n in the picture it felt as if that was going to be taken away from her. Alice's eyes teared up. "All I wanted is for her to be happy, I just, I cant lose you Betty" She directed the last part to her daughter. "just don't get too carried away" Alice changed her tune and waved them off, leaving the two girls confused at her mothers change of heart.