Like Family // Jughead x Scarlet (requested)

Requested by @SakshiTolia ~ hope you like it 💞

Jughead walked up to the swarm of over run Ghoolies alone, in an attempt to stop the on going feud. The flames of the fire burning behind them.

Scarlet stayed at the trailer park, aware of Jugheads determination. From her small window, she made out the tall figure of the boy, leaving the trailer park. After a previous conversation, she knew what he was about to do. Jug was like a brother to her, and FP like a father. She wouldn't let him go alone, no matter the cost. So that's what she did, the young girl followed him at a reasonable distance, making sure she was out of sight.
As the Ghoolies came into view, Scarlet's heart rate increased. And Jughead continued to walk closer to them.
"I hand myself over to you and there's no bloodshed tomorrow." The former Serpent spoke. They all edged closer to him.
"Thirty-to-1. Are you that afraid of me?" He questioned.
"The only scary thing is what we're gonna do to your girlfriend when we find her." Malachai teased, earning a rise from Jughead as he swung at the face painted man.
Scarlet's eyes widened as the scene enhanced. Grunts escaped Jughead as he took blows to his stomach.
"Don't finish him off yet guys, I want my pound of flesh first." Penny ordered.
Scarlet couldn't take it anymore and emerged from her spot behind a tree and charged towards the crowd.
"And he didn't even come alone." Penny smirked before taking ahold of the girl and throwing her down along side Jughead.
She fought back and threw punches to the Ghoolies, aggravating them even more. So much so that they left Jughead slightly bruised and unconscious to focus on the brave girl.
They were rarely challenged by girls, but to them it didn't matter her gender, she was a serpent. And quite frankly, they don't care about serpents.

A long while later, Jughead awoke from his position to find all the gang members gone. However a small, fragile body was left next to him, barely moving. Instantly, he recognised the girl as Scarlet, she was like family to him, realising his stupidity may have cost him what he valued most, he shot up and held the girl in his arms.
Scarlet's eyes fluttered open, but groaned in pain as her body ached from the abuse. It was that moment Jughead knew that she had put her life on the line for him, that she was more hurt than he was.
FP appeared from the shadows, his heart breaking, seeing the girl so hurt. Both men helped her up and carried her to the car before heading back to the trailer.

Scarlet was on the sofa, wrapped in multiple blankets and her wounds covered with bandages. She laid herself across Jughead's lap and he played with her hair soothingly.
"Please don't ever do that again." He sighed.
"As long as you promise not to do the same." She replied. They both smiled as he agreed. The bond between the two was inseparable. They had a close family relationship, even if it wasn't by blood. That night the family remained in the trailer, closer than ever.