Why Did You Stand Up For Me? // Kurtz x Emily Jones (requested)

Requested by @nmstories8 I really hope you like it, this is one of my favourites!

The Emily sat down at the old desk, whilst her brother perched himself at the front ready to commence yet another serpent meeting. However this one was about to be different to all the others she had attended. Serpents began to file in accompanied by the latest gang in town; the gargoyles. Emily's brown eyes met a pair of intimidating ones, not breaking the eye contact, the older messy haired boy took a seat on one of the nearby desks. The sound of boots colliding with the floor snapped Emily from her daze realising that a heated argument between kurtz and Fangs had broke out. The two gang members now face to face.
'Don't think we've forgotten about you spying on the Gargoyles, I should've beaten you when I had the chance' Kurtz spat as Fangs lunged towards him only to be pushed back by Emily. 'You need us more than we need you' Kurtz stated. Jughead knew deep down that they needed the gargoyles on their side, but with the serpents wanting to stay out of trouble it was going to be hard. 'He's right' Emily agreed, surprising not only her best friends but also the tall boy next to her. 'The number of serpents are decreasing, we need more numbers, if that means siding with the gargoyles so be it' She announced before walking out the room. Kurtz smirked as he pushed past Jughead and headed for the door.

The school bells rang signalling another long day at Riverdale high was finally over. Jughead went to speak to Betty before he and his sister left, leaving Emily wondering the corridors alone, that was until she saw him over by the lockers. A smile plastered on his face as he walked swiftly over to the younger girl.
'Well, well, well' He greeted her.
'What do you want kurtz?' Emily asked.
'I want to know why you stood up for me earlier.' He questioned.
'Fangs spied on you. Its only fair.' The girl shrugged. Kurtz smiled down at her. Before the boy could say anything else, a tall body collided with his, shoving him backwards into the lockers. 'Jughead!' The brown haired girl shouted at her brother.
'Stay away from my sister Kurtz, I mean it' Jug threatened. Jughead stepped back grabbing her arm in the process, escorting her towards the exit. The ride home was pretty quite however that was not the case as they entered the house. 'What the hell Jug!' his sister yelled. 'We were only talking, he was doing no harm geez!' Emily continued.
'He's dangerous Emily! I don't want you getting hurt and I most certainly don't want to see him with you again.' Jughead shouted.
'So what are you saying huh?' She raised her brows.
'I'm saying to stay away from him Em' The girl knocked passed her brothers shoulder before heading to the kitchen getting away from his company.

As the next day rolled around, Emily knew she was about to go against Jugheads words but that didn't seem to faze her considering she rarely does what she is told. Her feet carried her along the halls and to the boy she wished to talk with. Kurtz caught the girls eye, withdrawing from his group and following the girl to somewhere more private.
'Hey Emily' he spoke softly,
'Hey' she smiled back. After a long conversation about the previous events and the role Gryphons and Gargoyles played in this town, it was decided that they would meet somewhere where they could talk properly, somewhere quiet and secluded; the secret bunker. There Kurtz would be able teach the girl a few things and explain a lot more too, as much as Jughead would hate this, Emily was curious about the whole G&G game. One time wont hurt.

Leaving the school grounds, Emily had informed Jughead that she would be going to her friends house as cover.
Down in the forest, Kurtz was already waiting for the brunet to arrive. 'Ready' he asked, before opening up the entrance of the bunker. The girl nodded her head, stepping down the ladder. Everything was already set up. Quest cards on the table, the board laid out, it all looked so interesting to Emily and she couldn't wait to know how to play. For around the past 3 hours, Emily and Kurtz had immersed themselves deep within the game, completely loosing track of time and of all reality.
'That was great' The young girl smiled widely.
'I told you' he agreed. For another hour or so they continued to talk, her phone rang a few times interrupting them but she carried on ignoring it.
'It was nice hanging out with you' Emily told him. 'We should hang out more, you're way cooler than your brother' he said causing them both to laugh.

Emily finally arrived home just before midnight, however she was met by her brother and her father FP staring sternly at her.
'We have been calling you' FP stated.
'I was busy' She rolled her eyes before heading to her room before either of them could interrogate her.

Another day passed, Emily had decided to stay behind after school to spend more time with Kurtz, they both sat against the lockers side by side. His hand brushed against hers now and again so in the end Emily took his hands in hers smoothly earning a grin from the tall boy. 'Got something you wanna tell me' He raised his brows jokingly. She hummed in response, 'That I want you to be mine' she played along laughing. He let out a light chuckle, 'Is that your way of asking me out?' he challenged. 'Maybe' she smirked.
'Then in that case I accept' The pair burst out laughing, knowing deep down that they meant what they said. He squeezed her hand gently before leaning in.

The final day of school before the weekend finally arrived. Kurtz and Emily once again met up in the school halls, away from most students, however what they didn't realise is that someone was following them. That someone being Emily's brother. Jughead watched from afar as his sister laughed and held hands with the Gargoyle leader. He couldn't take it much longer and marched over to them both. 'What did I tell you Kurtz' Jughead asked. 'I swear-' before he could finish his sentence, Emily cut him off,
'No Jughead, look whatever you are about to say, leave it. I will not stop seeing Kurtz just because you said so, whatever you two have going on it's between the both of you, not me. You can either accept it or leave me alone.' Emily snapped towards her brother. Jughead was taken back by her words, but began to feel slightly guilty. 'Fine but you better not hurt my sister and I'll be keeping a close eye' he warned, heading back to his friend group.
'I take that as him accepting it.' The girl smiled. 'Partially' the boy smiled back.

————————————————————————
Im sorry these requests are taking so long, I do have a few more to write and each one takes a few hours. Im getting through a lot more now, I have around four more yet to write so don't worry if yours hasn't been posted yet, it will do within the next week, I have all the requests saved on my phone so hopefully no one is left out! Thank you all again for the support and sending in the requests, for now they remain open <3