I'll Always Love You // Jughead x Shannon (requested)

Requested - @Shannon1300 // so much fun writing this one :)

Jughead shivered in the cold night. Tears sliding down his face as he struggles to find another place to stay yet another night. It was hard being alone. He didn't want to burden anyone with his problems. So the fact he wasn't living with his dad anymore and had no where to go, stayed to himself. Jughead tried to save all the money he could to help himself only that meant less meals. His tummy was rumbling. He was hungry. No starving.

Archie Andrews couldn't sleep that cold night. Exhaustion filled his body but he couldn't rest. He snuck out of his room and out the front door. He too had a lot on his mind, he wanted to keep his thoughts, his worries, to himself. Wondering the streets the redhead spots the beanie wearing boy.

"Jughead?" He called confusion on his face. Jughead froze. He had been caught. "What are you doing out this late?" He asked concerned for his best friend.
"erm..." he dragged out trying to think of an excuse. 'Think Jug think' he thought to himself.
"Why aren't you at the trailer with your dad? And why do you have all your things?" Archie questioned before realisation kicked in.
"Jug, have you anywhere to go?" He said.
Jughead sighed and shook his head.
"Look, bro, you cant just live on the streets I won't let you. Does Shannon know?"
Jughead shakes his head once again.
"Dude you need to tell her, I think she can help you-" Archie began.
"-no I don't want her to know, I don't want her to worry" Jug cut him off.
Archie reaches into his pocket and pulls out some money.
"Go to Pops and get some thing to eat Jughead" Archie insists as he hands over the money.
Once Jughead is out of sight Archie pulls out his phone and quickly messages Shannon about the situation Jughead is in and that she can find him at the American diner.

Sat in a booth in Pops. Jughead took off his beanie - a rare moment - and placed it on the empty table. The bell of Pops rang signalling someone new had entered the diner. The figure wondered over to his table, tears formed in her eyes as he came into view. Instantly she sat down across from him and grabbed his outstretched hand. "Oh Jughead" she sighed, her heart breaking for the dark haired boy. He just looked at her sorrow in his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me?" The girl asked.
"I- I thought you wouldn't love me anymore" he stuttered. It was true. He valued her so much and didn't want her to be known as the girl dating the homeless kid.

"Jughead. I'll always love you" she squeezed his hand tighter. Finally his eyes met hers. She pulled him out of the booth and into her embrace. He hugged her tighter. "I love you too" he whispered in her ear.
"Grab your stuff, I'm taking you back to mine and I'm cooking you a huge meal, I can't say it will be much better than Pops like" she chuckled. He laughed and shook his head "I'm sure it will be" he smiled, for the first time in a while.

Back at Shannon's house, they sat opposite each other. She really had gone all out, candles lit and a single rose laid beside.
He took her hand in his. "Thank you for this meal, I think it's the best meal I've actually ever had. Somehow you managed to fill me up, and I'm usually never full" he laughed happily. She laughed too. "I'm glad you liked it Jug."

After what turned out to be an amazing night with his girlfriend, Jughead was about to say goodbye and head back out onto the dreaded streets.
"You really think I'm letting you go back out there? Come. Upstairs now. You're staying here and don't try to talk your self out of it" Shannon told him sternly.
He complied and walked up the stairs and placed his belonging in what he would now call his shared room.
They both climbed into bed.
Jughead and Shannon both faced each other.
"I love you so much" he spoke, braking the silence.
"I love you too Jug." She replied before turning over to sleep. His arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him. "Goodnight my love".