~ A Whole New World

Ally's POV
——————-
"Yes, mom, I packed my socks"

"Are you sure? What about pajamas? Or" I blew out a puff of air getting frustrated with my mom.

"Mom, I can assure you I have packed everything. Besides, if I missed something Spence and I can just go to the store." I say as I smile at her on FaceTime. I look up at the at the elevator door, waiting on it to get to the top floor.

"Okay, honey. Tell Spencer I said hello and call me when you're settled in." She says. I can see her starting to tear up and I try my best not to, as well. 

"Okay, bye mom!" I say before hanging up the call.

After four agonizing years of college I finally have decided to accomplish my dreams and move to New York. It isn't that I don't love my family or where I grew up, I just have dreams and, if I stay there, that's all they'll ever be.

I decided to move to New York and live with my cousin. We were always best friends growing up and it was so lonely when he moved here. He told me he had a spare room in his apartment and, well, here I am.

The elevator finally got to the top floor and opened with a "ding". Unlike the rest of the building, which wasn't luxurious but fairly nice, the top floor looked like it was in the middle of remodeling. There were only white walls and 3 doors towards the end of the small hallway. I sighed and looked at the numbers on the door. Spencers was the first door on the right, 801.

I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. Before I knew what was happening the door was thrown open and I was attacked with a hug.

"Ally, you're here!" Spencer, basically, screamed in my ear. I wanted to be annoyed with him but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't.

"I am! I'm also starting to turn blue cause you're suffocating me..." I mumble out. He laughs and lets me go as he opens his apartment door.

When I walk in my jaw immediately drops. Not only does he have floor to ceiling windows with a perfect view of the city, but he also has his artwork on the walls. It's a fairly simple apartment with an open kitchen leading into the living room and a hall on the left with two bedrooms and a bathroom.

"So, how was the trip?" Spence says as he sits down.

"Exhausting...I don't know how you do it every holiday." And when I say every holiday I mean every holiday. If there's one thing Spencer loves a tiny bit more than New York, its his family. He tries to see us every chance he gets and will come home every holiday, whether its Christmas or arbor day.

"Well, sorry, not everyone can just be as perfect as me, dear cousin." He laughs. I laugh with him before closing my eyes with a sigh. 

"I want a nap."

"Umm, no ma'am!" He snaps. "It is your first night in New York City, and you best believe we're gonna have a fun time." He says.

"And what exactly does this 'fun time' entail?"

"We're going to Ice." He smirks.
———————
First chapter! I know it was kind of short but I promise they'll get longer. Feel free to comment and vote!