~ Leave

Fallon's POV

-----------------

I was frozen. I don't know where she heard that or who told her. I was so angry, I didn't even think. Before I knew what was happening I walked across the circle and tackled her. Ethan's given me fighting lessons before, so she best believe this wasn't just a fucking cat fight.

I yanked her back by her hair and punched her in the mouth. I tried to throw her down but she came right back at me. She kept slapping me and trying to use her nails, but I continued with punches. I punched her in the nose, in the ribs, and again across the mouth. I was about to punch her again, when I felt people pulling us off of each other. Ethan pulled her away and Keaton pulled me away. I kept struggling and trying to fight Keaton to go back to her, but as soon as Ally saw she was in Ethan's arms, she fell into him and played the victim. That bitch.

"You fucking bitch!" I yelled at her. "Get your fucking hands off of me!" I yelled, still struggling against Keaton. When I said that, Ethan looked up. He immediately let go of Ally and walked towards Keaton and I. If there's one thing anyone should know about Ethan and I, it's that our anger fuels each other. He was ready to throw a punch the minute I was. Ethan pulled me out of Keatons arms and pushed me to the side, before he started going at Keaton. 

I was slowly calming down and felt guilty. Keaton was just trying to help, but now Ethan was laying into him like he was his own personal punching bag. Keaton could barely defend himself, Ethan was sending hits hard and fast. It took two guys, but they finally pulled Ethan off, while others ran to check on Keaton. Ethan was still fighting the two guys, trying to get back to Keaton. I immediately ran in front of Ethan.

"Ethan!" he didn't hear me. "Ethan!" I yelled again. I got his attention but he was still angry. He was shaking and his jaw was clenched so tight, I thought it would break. He kept looking from me to Keaton, trying to decide what to do. I slowly walked up to him and put my hands on either side of his face, grazing his cheeks with my thumbs. "Hey, look at me." I tell him. His eyes are still swirling with anger but he finally looks at me and I see him, slowly, calm down. "It's okay. I'm okay." He lets out a sigh of relief.

I look to the two guys holding him and nod at them to let him go. They look at him warily and slowly loosen their grip before walking off. Ethan doesn't even notice. He keeps his eyes locked on mine, breathing heavily. I pull him into me and hug him, he immediately wraps his arms around me and holds me tight.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, softly.

"Are you?" He pulls me back and looks me over before looking back into my eyes. Ally clearly doesn't know how to fight, and only left me with two or three scratches. 

"No, not at all." He sighs when I give him my answer, and I think we both know it's not about the fight. "Talk?" He nods. I quickly walk to Spencer, whose comforting Ally and her bloody nose, and tell them to drive back without us. I then go back to Ethan and we slowly make our way back towards the house.

We walk in a comfortable silence, the only noise being the waves crashing into the shore. He has a tight grip on my hand, almost as if he's afraid to let me go. I'm afraid to let him go. Yet, I think we both know what this 'talk' is going to entail. We walk in silence for a few more minutes before we stop in front of the house. It's dark, but I can still see him and his beautiful features in the moonlight.

"Ethan..." I sigh, looking into his eyes. He says nothing. He slowly leans down and gently puts his lips on mine. My hands go to his hair and his go to my waste and my cheek. This kiss wasn't like the others we've shared. Normally they're rough and needy. This one, though, this one was sweet, slow, and gentle. Neither of us wanting to pull away, because we both, deep down, knew that this would probably be our last. I somehow manage to muster up the strength and hesitantly pull away from him. He sighs, leaning his forehead against mine. "I can't do this anymore."

He slowly pulls his head back and we pull apart from each other. He's silent, looking for the right words to say. Kaia was right though, he's making me an option. It's time for me to leave. I hope we'll still be okay, I don't know how to be okay without him. Then again, maybe that's what I need.

"Why?" he finally says. "Fallon, if this is about the other day, I'm so sorry. I was an asshole, I can never expect you to forgive me for the things I said, but I promise, I will try to make it up to you..." I cut him off, gently.

"It's not about what you said Ethan, you were right."

"No, I wasn't. I was wrong and I was an asshole."

"It doesn't matter, Ethan." I shake my head and look out at across the water. If I look at him, I know I'll immediately break down and never let him go. "It's about her."

"Fallon, Ally and I are just friends."

"So are we Ethan." I finally look at him. "I know the two of you have been spending time together lately, especially since our fight. Tell me, honestly, do you have feelings for her?" he sighs and looks down. 

I know he does. No matter how small they may be. Ethan may be able to read every tiny detail about me, but I can do the same for him. It wasn't the hanging out or the flirting, that told me he had feelings for Ally. It was the kiss. That's why I left, because I knew. I've seen Ethan kiss other girls, attempting to get back at me, or trying to play some silly game. He doesn't kiss anyone like that. Anyone other than me. A kiss filled with need. Like that person is the only thing on earth holding you steady.

"I don't know." He sighs, tugging at his hair. "It doesn't matter, Fallon."

"Yes it does. I know part of the stuff you were saying was because you were angry, but you were right. Ethan, I'm 24, you're 25. I know you hate relationships and fear they'll never work, but we have to quit acting like what we have will last forever. I wanna get married one day, maybe even have a family. I know you want the same. We can't start the next chapter of our lives if we keep doing this. It won't be easy, but you could have a future with Ally. If you do, I don't want to be the one to interfere with that."

"I don't wanna lose you..." I barely hear him say. I put my hands on either side of his face and make him look at me. 

"You won't lose me. You will never lose me. You are still, and will forever be, one of the most important people in my life. We have to eventually let other people in too, though. I know Ally's had feelings ever since she moved here, and I know you've developed feelings for her. If you want something with Ally, I'm not gonna make you choose between me and her." I pull him in and hug him to me, tightly. He hugs me back, just as tight, and sighs against my hair. I feel tears start to pull in my eyes and one slowly goes to fall down my cheek. "I have to let you go." 

He says nothing, and just hugs me tighter. I feel his breath go ragged, trying to hold back tears as well. I stay there for a few more minutes, enjoying the last bit of his closeness I'll ever get, before slowly pulling away. I gently kiss his cheek and smile up at him, then slowly make my way back towards the house.

Ethan doesn't follow me. He stays on the beach. I never thought this day would come. Ever since we met, he's never been more than a fingertips length away, yet now it feels like there's an ocean between us. It was the right thing to do though. I had to leave. I had to let him go.

--------------

This one is a little short but oh well, I didn't want to leave you guys with a cliff hanger... Im so so sorry :(  Thank you guys for all the reads, comments and votes. I love reading y'alls comments! Comment and Vote!