~ Cold Hearted

Fallon's POV

----------------

It's Thursday. Tonights the night I go to dinner with the devil. I've been preparing for this ever since I read the letter. It's been killing me, but I'm doing what I have to do. Doing all of this to keep the ones I love safe, out of his grasp.

There's two. Two phases of my life I told myself I would never revert back to. The time when Adam and I were together. When I was weak and pitiful. Desperate. Desperate for saving, for attention. When I was defenseless. I swore to myself I would never be like that again.

Then there's the cold hearted bitch I was before I met Adam. The person that many, including Ally, still think I am. The one who not only thought, but made the world revolve around her. The one who thought she was better than everyone else, always dressing in designer clothes and the finest jewelry. The one who partied till the world felt like it was tipping over.

When people ask what I ever saw in Adam, I often think of that time in my life. I thought I was better than everyone else, powerful and unstoppable. The true definition of a god complex. Then, at a party one night, I met someone who shined and stood out just as much as me, who was even more powerful. Adam Daniels. The son of the most infamous billionaire in all of New York.

When we first started dating, we were a power couple. Recognized by every newspaper and magazine, always showing the highlights of our relationship. We loved each other, almost as much as we loved the fame. Then he went through my phone. He read all of my messages, random guys texting me, asking me for pictures and trying to get me to leave him. He was jealous, infuriated. Mad that anyone thought that I would cheat or leave him. That was the first time he ever laid a hand on me. After that, the beatings were for any reason under the sun. That was when I became weak, when he used me and beat me until he just got tired of me and finally threw me to the side. The biggest blessing in disguise.

Adam was powerful. He had people who worked for him, people that could hurt someone, erase them, and sometimes even kill them. I couldn't let that happen to Ethan or the others. Adam was a cold hearted dick that had no one. If I want to keep my friends safe, I have to play the same game as him, and be better at it.

I started by ignoring Kaia. Spencer, luckily, has been so busy with work that he hasn't really been around. I ignored Kaia and treated her like a total stranger. It hurt, but it was for her. One night she sat at my door, banging on it for hours. I couldn't do anything but cry, waiting, internally pleading that she would go away. Then she finally did. I managed to push her away.

The next step was making appearances. I started going to Ice every night, dressed in my most luxurious clothes and finest jewelry. Instead of being polite and having short conversations with the ones who came up to me though, I was a snooty bitch and acted as though I was better than everyone. The ones I did converse with though, I always turned the conversation to something about myself, acting narcissistic and arrogant.

I wouldn't have done any of this if it wasn't for the fact that I knew he was watching. He would always have eyes on me, and you'd never know who was working for him. I had to be a bitch. Care for no one but myself. Be the person I've always despised. The only part I enjoyed about going back to that phase of my life was the drinking. The copious amounts of alcohol were the only thing helping me get through the night lately. Keeping me from staying away from my friends and soothing me, helping me to continue on with the ruthless bitch act.

It was finally time to get ready for tonight. I made sure I had my hair curled and my makeup perfect. I decided to wear a rose gold dress with a v neck and gold sequins. Something that accentuated my curves and would easily draw attention, pairing it with gold jewelry. I take a breath and make my way out of my apartment. I head towards the elevator and I'm close. So close.