~ If She Wakes

Ethan's POV

———————

They say it's impossible to dodge a bullet, it's only ever done in movies. I wasn't trying to dodge a bullet though...I was trying to intercept one.

I knew when he twitched he would pull the trigger. I was hoping he wouldn't. My father has always owned guns, but he's never used one. He's too much of a pussy to use guns, he'd rather use his fists. When I was angering him, I was trying to get him to throw the gun down and come to me. 

As soon as I saw him twitch, I went to move in front of Fallon, but I was too late. I was a millisecond too fucking late. She collapsed immediately and blood started flowing from her right abdomen. I immediately went down next to her, applying pressure to the wound.

I didn't look up at him. I couldn't. Fallon was dying right now, but if I saw him, I would kill him. I heard him run off. He knew he made a mistake. That fucking asshole better count his seconds, because I'm going after him the second Fallon is okay.

The wound was bleeding badly, her eyes were starting to go dim.

"Fallon!" I yelled, trying to keep her awake, keep her focus on me. I'll admit, I don't cry much. It takes a lot to make me cry, but loosing her was killing me. If she doesn't make it, I won't be far behind her. "Stay with me, baby, it's okay, you're okay." 

I tried to give her a smile and encourage her, but my eyes were watering. She knew it was bad. She reached up and wiped away a tear that was falling. I gently grabbed her hand a pulled it down to my lips, kissing it. 

"It's okay, Ethan." She mumbled. I froze. She was ready to die. She couldn't. I won't let her.

"No, Fallon! You need to stay awake, okay?!" I frantically told her. 

"I love you." She whispered. Then her eyes closed.

"Fallon?! Fallon, no, stay awake!" I cried out, begging her to stay with me. "Help!" I yelled out.

I needed to get her out of here, but I needed to keep pressure on her wound. I maneuvered her into my arms as gently as possible, carrying her bridal style but still keeping pressure on her side. I ran out of the garden maze. Everyone was frantically looking around until a scream caught their attention. Cassidy.

Cassidy screamed as she saw me carrying Fallon, both of us covered in her blood. Everyone started to run over to us. I need space. I looked to Brad, Spencer, and Paul and they backed everyone up. Cassidy and Kaia ran over. 

"Is she okay?!" Cassidy asked, in tears.

"Call 911!" I yelled. "No she's not fucking okay!" Cassidy jumped and Paul turned around, protectively. 

I didn't want to yell at her, especially on her wedding day. I couldn't take all of the people and Cassidy asking dumbass questions though. I heard sirens, but I still didn't let out a breath of relief. I wouldn't until she was awake. 

I ran around the crowd and rushed to the parking lot where the ambulance and police pulled up. They immediately grabbed her and put her on the stretcher. I tried to get in the ambulance, but they wouldn't let me.

"I need to be with her!" I yelled at them as one of the cops held me back.

"I'm sorry sir, but she's in critical condition. You can see her at the hospital." I wanted to argue more, but they were already driving away. I started to run to the cottage, to grab my phone and keys, but the cop wouldn't fucking let me. "You can go to the hospital, sir, but we need to question you first." He said as he looked at me, covered in blood, suspiciously.