~ Night Terrors

Ethan's POV

------------------

A few minutes after Fallon fell asleep, I gently picked her up and carried her to her room. I took off her shoes and her dress, not like it's anything I haven't seen before, and carefully slid one of my old t shirts on her. I gently took all of the hair ties and bobby pins out, letting her dark brown hair cascade over the pillow. I went to her a bathroom and grabbed her makeup wipes, gently wiping her face and taking off the makeup she had on.

Fallon looked good as hell when she dressed up. She was better than any guru at makeup, and you would think she got her outfits picked out by a professional stylist. She was hot as fuck when she went all out, but I thought she looked best without all of that. No makeup, no fancy clothes, no bouncy curls, just her with wavy hair and one of my t shirts. That was when she truly looked beautiful. 

I gently kissed her forehead before walking out to see everyone sitting on her couch. I sat down in the chair and propped my elbows on my knees. Everyone was quiet, afraid to, both, wake Fallon up and tell me what happened. Kaia was cuddled with Brad on one end of the couch, Ally looking sad and confused on the other end, and Spencer looking stressed and worried in the middle.

"Alright." I sigh. "What the fuck happened?" Spencer's eyes immediately locked with Kaia's, before they both turned back to face me.

"We don't know." Spencer answered.

"Really?" They both knew I could tell they were lying. "She wasn't wearing that this morning. She obviously went somewhere, and if I had to guess, none of you went with her." I point out. "Where did she go?" They both looked guilty as hell.

"On a lunch date..." Kaia trailed off.

"With Adam..." Spencer finished. 

I was fuming. I knew my face was read with anger and I was doing everything I could to hold on to the arm of my chair, the only thing holding me in place. I wanna scream at them, yell at them with the most vibrant vocabulary known to man. I don't though, because it'll wake her.

"What happened?"

"We don't know, Ethan, I swear." Kaia said, guilty. Spencer gave her an encouraging smile before he spoke.

"She's right. Fallon said she would go on a date with him if he dropped the charges against me. Obviously, he agreed. She left to go on the date at one, and said they were going to do a picnic in Central Park, somewhere public that he couldn't try anything. After 4:00, we started to get worried. We started to call the police but Brad convinced us that she was fine and we should just call her. We called her, like, 20 times each, but she didn't respond. Around 6:00, we went to Central Park to find her, but she wasn't there. On our way back, though, we found the picnic basket and her phone next to an Alley. We started to panic but Kaia left her phone here and mine died. By the time we got back, it was 7:00. I called the police, but they said we couldn't file a missing person report until she's been missing for 24 hours. I was cussing them out and about to call you, when we heard the elevator. It was her, as soon as she got to her place the panic attack started." I had my head in my hands, why the fuck would she go on a date with him? 

"Why the fuck was I the last person you were going to call?" I ask, angrily. I wanna yell, but I need to keep my voice down.

"We didn't want to worry you, Fallon didn't want you to know." Kaia answered. We were all silent for a moment. She looked at Brad and then gave me a small smile. "We're gonna go to bed, I'll come see her in the morning." I just nod. I wanted nothing more than to go to sleep, too. I know I probably won't get too, though.

"I'm gonna head out as well." Spencer says, standing up. "Ally?" He asks.

"I'll meet you in a minute." She tells him. Spencer gives her a look, warning her, before he walks out as well. "Are we gonna stay at my place tonight, or go back to yours?" 

"Neither?" I give her a questioning look and she gives me one as well.

"What do you mean, neither? I don't know about you, but I don't plan on sleeping on a bench, outside." She jokes. 

"Ally..." I sigh. "Your going to go to your apartment and sleep in your bed, I'm going to stay here." All of the color drains from her face. 

"Why?" She questions, almost angrily. "You've already helped her with her stupid panic attack, she doesn't need you anymore."

"Keep your voice down." I tell her harshly, because she was trying to raise it. "I know Fallon, you don't. You don't get to decide when or if she needs me, she does. I know she needs me tonight. I know that just because her panic attack stopped, it's not over. She gets night terrors after them, the worse the panic attack, the worse the night terrors. That was one of the worst panic attacks she's ever had, so while you get to go to sleep tonight, I have to stay up all night and help her through it." She gives me a sympathetic look. Not a good one, though. This one is as if she's trying to patronize me.

"Ethan, that may be true, but you don't have to help her." She sighs. "You don't have to stay up with her all night, you didn't have to be the one to calm her panic attack. You always feel the need to help her, but you don't have to." I stand up, tired of this conversation.

"Your right, Ally. I don't have to do shit, but I want to. I want to help her, I want to be there for her, I want to be the one that calms her down, and stays up with her all night. You and I have something going on between us, Ally. I won't deny it or try to hide from the truth. I also won't deny that Fallon and I have history and a connection like nothing I've ever felt before. Tonight, though, I don't care about you and me. Tonight I care about her. Tonight I want her." With that, I leave her on the couch and walk to Fallon's room. After a few minutes, I hear her leave.

I go to Fallon's drawers and look through them, finding a pair of my sweatpants. I take off my black jeans and shirt and slip into them, before getting in the bed next to her. As soon as I pull the covers up, she, instinctually, curls into me. I sigh, wrapping my arms around her and start to go to sleep.

I get about an hour of sleep. An hour, before I'm woken up by screaming as Fallon thrashes around. She's crying and yelling 'no' and 'stop'. I immediately sit up. I don't wake her up, it'll only confuse and stress her out more. All I can do is wait and make sure she doesn't fall out of the bed, or hurt herself. After about 10 minutes, she finally calms down.

Night terrors are worse than nightmares. Normally, if you have a nightmare, you're dreaming and don't move. You can also wake up after and remember parts of it. With night terrors, you can walk, cry, talk, and thrash around, all while staying asleep. You usually don't wake up after and you don't remember them.

She had 4 more episodes that night. They all continually got worse and Spencer even texted me at one point, asking if she was okay, because they woke him up. What am I supposed to tell him? She's not okay, she's not okay at all. The last one happened around 4 in the morning, but she was dead silent after that.

I slowly started to wakeup when I felt someone running their nails, soothingly, up and down my neck. I let out a long sigh, half asleep and about to go back, when I heard a giggle. I carefully peaked one eye open to see Fallon smiling at me, sleepily.

"What time is it?" I ask her. She checks her alarm clock before looking back at me.

"6:05." Of course. 

"Mmm." I mumble before closing my eyes, trying to go back to sleep.

"Thank you." She whispers softly.

"For what?"

"For staying with me, for wanting to be with me, for wanting me." 

"You heard my conversation with Ally?" I feel her nod her head, laying on my chest. She places a kiss on the center of my chest. I start to drift back to sleep and I can tell she's about to as well. "I'll always want you, Fallon." I mumble, sleepily.

"You'll always have me, Ethan." She mumbles back.

Just like that, we both drift back to sleep.

-----------------

Thank you guys for 14k!!! Comment and Vote!