~ No Caller ID

Ethan POV

----------------

I miss her. I miss her so fucking much. I just got off the phone with her. A phone call, where she called me, and I even managed to fuck that up. I just want her back, us back. I tried to call her again but it went straight to voice mail.

"Who was on the phone?" Ally mutters from beside me, still mostly asleep.

"No one, go back to sleep." I tell her softly.

I go back on my phone and opened my camera roll. It's all pictures of Fallon and I. Pictures from when we got pizza a couple weeks ago, the both of us making silly faces, a picture of her cooking, a picture of her trying to put out the fire after cooking. I let out a light laugh. Fallon could be pretty independent, but she couldn't cook for shit. 

I also had another album with pictures of her. Pictures she would send me when she was bored or frustrated and wanted me to come over. Don't get me wrong, I miss the sex. I miss it a lot. Yet when I think of her and what I miss, that's not the first thing that comes to mind. It's what's after the sex. The intimacy. It's when the two of us are just laying there, cuddled up like a pretzel. We'd talk about the most random things. The tv wouldn't be on, we wouldn't have our phones, or anything else. It was just us. 

I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't stop thinking about Fallon. I got up and made coffee, then decided to go chill on the roof. The sun was starting to rise, painting all of the buildings a bright orange. It was beautiful. It was beautiful yet it doesn't even compare to the beauty of her.

When I first saw Fallon, she was a wreck. I could tell she hadn't eaten or slept in days. I saw her when she was at her worst, yet she was still the most beautiful person I'd ever seen. Her looks are what drew me in. They always say to never judge a book by its cover. Yet, as I peeled back the pages, learning more about her and trying to understand, I only fell for her more.

If I was blind, it wouldn't bother me, as long as I got to always hear her laugh. If I was deaf, I wouldn't care the slightest, as long as I got to see her smile. Her beautiful smile that I haven't seen in a while. Her smile that would light up a room and make everyone else stare in awe. Don't even get me started on her laugh. Her laugh is so unique and beautiful, I would do anything and everything to hear her laugh or see her smile. She laughed when we were on the phone. It was all I could do to not break down when she laughed.

"What are you doing up here?" Ally asked, walking up to me.

"Just thinking."

"About?" Fallon.

"Everything." My everything.

"Oh." She says. "There was something I saw yesterday, something I need to talk to you  about." I look at her, signaling for her to go on. 

"Yesterday, while you guys were out looking for Fallon, I was washing my hands but she was out of soap. I checked under the sink and there were a bunch of alcohol bottles." I sigh, looking back out over the view.

"I know." She looks at me with a shocked expression. 

The truth is, I didn't know, but I assumed. I've only ever been to one AA meeting. One that was so boring that I slept through it and never went back. I did learn one thing though. In order to stay sober or not abuse alcohol, you need to find something. Something that will keep you from wanting to leave the present, something that will ground you. It could be your family, work, or something as simple as your pet. 

For Fallon, it was her friends. She always wanted to be there for Spencer, who works his fucking ass off. She wanted to be there for Kaia, who can't keep a man to save her life. Me. She wanted to be there for me, to just be there and support me through anything.