~ I Need You

Ethan's POV

------------------

My heart stopped.

If she wakes up?

Everyone immediately looked to me, expecting me to blow up. I didn't. I just left.

I turned around and walked outside. Everyone was trying to talk to me, but I couldn't hear them. I walked into the parking lot and it was pouring rain. As soon as I got out from under the awning, I fell to my knees.

Why? Why did this have to happen to her? Hasn't she been through enough? I should be in her position. I would rather it be me than her. I would take a million bullets if it meant that not a hair on her head was ever harmed. I couldn't take it. I broke down. 

I've never cried this much in my life, yet here I am bursting at the seams every 5 minutes. I can't make it without her. I won't. I don't want to. This world is a fucked up place, and I can't take it without her. I'm strong. I've taken down guys three times my size and walked out with less than a scratch. Without her, though? I'm weak. I refuse to live without her. I won't do it. 

I sat there in the pouring rain for a few moments, before I heard heels clicking on the ground. I looked up to see Kaia, still in her outfit from the wedding. She walked out into the rain and sat down next to me.

"She's strong, she'll make it." She tells me.

"Did you know we had our first kiss in the pouring rain?" I ask, looking up at the sky. "I was chasing her on the roof. I came up behind her and picked her up. When I put her down, she looked at me. She looked at me with this look, and I knew, she would have my heart forever." I paused for a moment before finally looking over at her. "I can't make it without her Kai."

"You might have too." She says after a long moment. "I want her to wake up and be okay, but when you left, the doctor said she only had a 35% chance." I froze. "You know she'd want you to live, happily." She told me. We both knew she was referring to if Fallon doesn't make it. 

"I'm a selfish man, Kaia." I shake my head, almost immediately. "I know what she'd want. If she doesn't make it though, she and I both know I'll be right behind her." 

"You know your first kiss the two of you had?" She asked, changing the subject. "It was like a dream to her. Something straight out of The Notebook." She laughed. 

It was true. Fallon forced me to watch The Notebook with her and, when they kissed in the rain, she said 'Our rain kiss was better than those amateurs'. She loved that movie, but I didn't. Mainly because it made her cry, and I hated when she cried.

"She told me she loved me." Kaia looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you serious?!" She asked frantically. "You know she's never said that before, right? Not even with Adam."

"I know."

"Did you say it back?"

"I didn't get the chance..." Kaia shook her head condescendingly. What did I do?! "What?"

"Fallon's never said it because she's always been afraid the feelings were never mutual. I know that bitch, and I know her well. She wouldn't care if she was on her deathbed, she'd want you to fucking say it." Are you serious?! I'm going to be in the dog house if she wakes up because I didn't say I love you before she passed out?!

"Of course, she would be that way." I laugh, causing Kaia to laugh too. She was about to say something when Spencer walked out.

"They're letting us see her one at a time. Do you wanna go first, Ethan?" I nod, getting up.