~ Feeling Uneasy

Fallon's POV

----------------

After everyone clears out of my apartment I decide to get some work done. I work for a law firm, helping them go through cases and do the filing side of things. I try to focus on my work but I just can't. Ally is Spencer's cousin and she seems so innocent and sweet but, I don't know. I just have this feeling I can't shake about her.

Even last night, before I even met her I had the feeling. As soon as I walked in the club people started coming up to me to say 'hello' while I was trying to find Ethan. I had a rough day at work and just wanted the two of us to go back to my apartment to relieve some stress. Before I noticed him though, I noticed her practically drooling over him.

It was weird that it made me mad. I'm used to girls throwing themselves at him at the club and always staring at him, and I'm not gonna lie and say I hate it, because I have something that they don't. But she had this look in her eyes, not like she wanted him, but she was going to have him. I hope she will just back off because the last thing I need right now is someone trying to stir up, not just Ethan and I, but our whole group. Regardless of my feelings though, I went and said 'hi' to her. It isn't right to judge people, especially when you don't even know them. After introducing myself though, I immediately walked to Ethan, sending a look to the three girls around him to leave.

"Well someone's in a mood." he said, smiling at me, as I went to stand between his legs and play with the hair on the back of his head to calm me down.

"I am, indeed." was all I said back to him.

"Is everything okay?" he said, immediately getting serious. He was always worrying over me, waiting for me to break so he could catch me when I fall. That's one of the things I always loved about him. Everyone always looks at me like I'm some big question mark, but he has me figured out. He knows all of my quirks, from why I wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning, no matter how late I was up or how drunk I was the night before, to why I only eat the brown m&m's.

"Just a shitty day at work."

"Wanna leave?" he asked pulling me closer. I nodded and he downed the rest of his drink and we left.

After we relieved some stress, he laid with his head on my stomach, while I played with his hair.

"You still seem a little tense, what's wrong?" he asked, playing with my free hand.

"I don't know." I said, honestly. "Did you meet Spencer's cousin?"

"Was she the blonde girl with him earlier?"

"Yeah."

"No, why?"

"I don't know. I mean, I introduced myself and she was polite and nice and all. I just have this uneasy feeling about her." I tell him. I can't tell him it has to do with him and Ally. I don't know what he would say, but it doesn't matter. He doesn't belong to me. We made rules before we started sleeping together. If they start dating than we stop fucking. Don't get me wrong, I know I would still have him as my friend, but I wouldn't get moments like this with him anymore. Moments of intimacy.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. Maybe it's because you just don't know her yet?" he tries to reason. I just nod my head in agreement. It might just be that. "Come here." he says, picking his head up off my stomach and laying it on a pillow. He opens his arms for me to snuggle into. I can't lose this, I can't lose him. I'm sure it's nothing and Ally is fine, but I can't shake this feeling, and I fear it's only the beginning.

Breakfast this morning was fine. I introduced Ally to Ethan and she was polite, not overstepping or anything, but I couldn't help noticing how she would constantly glance at him and kept blushing. I needed to shake this feeling off, it wasn't going to help, if I was going to become friends with Ally.

I sigh and get up, leaving my apartment and walking to Kaia's, who was sitting on her couch, smoking a blunt. I sit down next to her as she passes it to me, but I just shake my head.

"What's up?" she questions, putting the blunt out.

"Nothing, just bored." I lie. She gives me a look, she can always tell when I'm lying.

"Don't lie to me, Fal. Seriously what's going on, you look tense." I sigh and close my eyes before looking back at her.

"What are your thoughts on Ally?"

"She seems sweet and innocent. Definitely has her eyes set on Ethan." she says. My eyes widen.

"I thought I was the only one who noticed that!" I lightly shout. "Ever since I saw her at the club last night, she's been drooling over him. Normally when girls stare at him I don't mind, hell it even turns me on a little, but I don't know, there's something about her that's different."

"I know you hate it when I go all 'hippy' on you Fallon, but I promise you this is proven by science. Your conscious is clearly warning you about her that something isn't right." I roll my eyes.

"I don't know Kai, I mean, we all know I can be a little uneasy about strangers. But I don't know, It's not like I get a bad feeling about her as a person, it's just when it comes to Ethan."

"Do you see her as a threat to you and Ethan?"

"Kai, that's crazy, she hasn't even been here a full day. Plus, Ethan and I aren't together."

"Yeah, but do you think they'll get together? I mean if they do, then, technically, whatever you and Ethan have will be over." She says. I know she's just being blunt but my heart practically stopped as she said that. She gave me an apologizing smile. "Sorry, love, but you know I'm right. He's not the cheating type and you're not a home wrecker. I mean, regardless of Ally, you two won't get together. One of you is going to get in a serious relationship at some point, you'll have to left the other go."

"I know, Kai, it's just not something I want to thing about. I mean, he's apart of my everyday life, I don't even know what I'd do without him."

"I don't know what I'd do without him. If it wasn't for him, I would never be able to get rid of my one night stands." We both die laughing at what is, sadly, the truth. Kaia can be sassy and blunt with me and Spencer, but she isn't the confrontational type. Unless it comes to recycling...."Why don't you just go see him and talk to him. Be honest about how you feel about her and see what he says. Just remember, regardless of your feelings, if he tries to make you an option, get the hell out of there. You, Fallon Grant, are not a fucking option. I nod and tell her 'thank you', before heading back to my place. I pick up my phone and text the one person I can never get off my mind.

Fal: Hey wyd:)

E: leaving that fucking brunch before I murder someone, wbu:)

Fal: Just trying to get some work done. Are you working tonight?

E: Sadly, come over after?

Fal: Sure, might come to the bar for a drink or two, too.

E: Sounds great, we can leave from there when I get off.

Fal: Okay, see you later.

E: See ya later.

I smile before shutting my phone off and finally getting back to work.

-----------

Comment and Vote!