C H A P T E R T W E N T Y- T H R E E ***

Song: Feel Good by Gryffin & Illenuim ft. Daya

*Be warned, if you are single, you will be feeling even more single by the end of reading this chapter lol. Also please listen to the song while reading, it's really good*

 Also please listen to the song while reading, it's really good*

E I G H T E E N +

BY 2 AM, ALL THE GUESTS had finally left and the staff had packed up the tables, chairs and setup. Chidinma was upstairs in the main bedroom, removing her makeup. She had already removed her dress and wore nothing but a silk robe, with the edges of her frontal safely secured in a silk wrap as she poured micellar water on a pad.

It was officially Chidinma's golden birthday, turning 27 on the 27th day of September, according to her birth certificate. But, she felt like it was any other ordinary day.

Chidinma did not even notice Xante come in with one large box, a regular-sized one, a huge array of flowers and a small chocolate cake. How in the world he was able to balance all of that was a mystery to Chidinma. His button-up bulged over his muscular frame and his gold chain dangled over his collarbone.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy-" He sang softly and a smile erupted on Chidinma's face at how sweet he was. Chidinma had a celebration with politicians, influential people and celebrities, eating and drinking the best money can buy for her birthday. But, at that moment, as her husband sang to her with flowers and a cake that probably cost him 10,000 Naira total, Chidinma truly felt like this was the best birthday ever.

Xante dropped the two boxes on the bed, set the cake on the vanity next to her and handed her the flowers. Then, he placed a sweet kiss on her forehead. Gesturing to the gifts on the bed, he said, "Pick one,"

Chidinma held back a grin and stood up to shrug, "As the birthday girl, I would like to choose both of them, please,"

Giving her a sly grin, Xante reached for the smaller box and handed it to her. Chidinma opened it to see a black velvet box from Cartier on top of a bigger box from Chanel and another from Louboutin. She gasped in surprise and looked at a smiling Xante.

"You shouldn't have,"

He shook his head, "You deserve it, amore,"

Opening the Cartier box first, Chidinma was greeted by the sight of a rose gold necklace with a circle fixture embedded in diamonds. It was so beautiful that Chidinma wanted to cry. Or maybe it was her hormones. She giggled and looked at Xante in excitement. Then, Chidinma opened the Chanel box and squealed when she saw the white and pink lambskin material and gold chain. 

Xante smirked and folded his arms, "If you loved that, then you will definitely love the Louboutins,"

Excited, Chidinma opened the Louboutin box and actually jumped. She exclaimed in joy, "Xante, this is beautiful,"

It was Louboutin's Bianca Booty with a heel that was 120 mm tall. But, it was not the shoe itself that made her scream, but the design on it. The shoe's material was a yellow and blue African print material that blended seamlessly into it. It was stunning. Chidinma neatly arranged all of the gifts in their boxes, so that she could throw herself at Xante, her arms wrapping tightly around his neck.