Starting over

TW:⚠️ abuse

Today is the day, you thought walking towards her office. When you arrived you noticed a teenage boy talking to her, but your matter was too important to put off any longer.

"Um May, can I talk to you?" You ask the kind woman in her office interrupting the young boy.

"Of course, oh this is my nephew Peter" she smiles as I turn to the boy.

"Hey um, I'll leave you two alone" Peter tells you before awkwardly walking out with a wave.

"What's wrong?" May asked immediately after the door was shut, noticing your seriousness.

"It's my father, I think it's getting worse and I don't know how to stop it or protect my siblings" you explain worriedly.

"Well you can always stay here if you need too" May offers reaching out to squeeze your hand. You give her a faint smile until Someone bursts in loudly behind you.

"You guys might want to see this, two kids just came in crying and one is bleeding." Peter rushed. You gasp immediately knowing who the kids are and what happened. You sprint past him out of the office and down to the lobby where you find your younger brother and sister standing together trembling in fear.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong? Your okay here, it's gonna be okay" you tell them as you pull them both into a hug. "Come with me, I'll get you cleaned up" you take both of their hands and lead them to the first aid office where you work.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asks in a demanding voice causing you to turn and face him quickly, shielding your siblings.

"Stay back" you order holding out scissors as defence.

"Woah I-I'm not here to hurt anyone, just checking in" Peter claimed raising his hands in defence.

"Hey Peter, why don't you give us a moment okay?" May asked stepping into the medical office. He nodded before walking away slowly. "Was it your father?" May asks your siblings as she bends down to their level. Both Madeline and Will nod their heads in response. "Y/n can I speak to you for a moment?" the kind woman asked nodding towards the hall.

"Yes just give me one second" you say putting away the supplies used to clean up your brother. "You two stay right here, I'll just be outside this door" you tell the scared looking children.

"Y/n I know the situation is getting worse and I want you to know that if it's getting that bad maybe you should consider telling the authorities or finding another place to stay."

"What! I can't do that he will kill us if we tell the cops and he will find us if we leave and we don't even have a place to stay anyway" you explain stressed, running a hand through your hair as you shake your head.

"I know, that's why I was thinking that you could stay here at feast or even move in with Peter and I temporarily" May offers with a warm smile.

"I'll think about it but we should be getting home, dad is out for work tonight. I'll get our things packed and make a final decision by tomorrow" you promise the older lady.

"Just be safe, all of you"

"We will" you tell her with one last nod before getting your siblings and walking home. "Okay I need you two to pack your bags tonight while dad is out, Will can you help Madeline?" You ask your brother as he nods and takes your younger sisters hand leading her to their room. You quickly rushed into your small bedroom where you threw all of your belongings into a bag. You didn't own much, only the essentials but it took some time to gather everything.