Cupcakes

"Hey can you two help me out with something this afternoon?" Your boyfriends aunt asked as you two were cuddled up on the couch with the afternoon sun shining on you both.

"Yeah of course May what do you need help with?" You ask sitting up causing Peter to groan and pull you back, wrapping his strong arms around you, holding you to his chest.

"I need some baked goods for the homeless shelters bake sale tomorrow but I have to head into work today so I can't do it." May explains, laughing at Peters actions.

"Well we can do it for you it'll be fun right Pete?" You look up at the pouting boy

"Thanks kids I'll be back later, don't make a mess and have fun, but not too much fun" May adds with a wink before heading out.

"May" Peter groans as he blushes holding you tight. But he was answered by the sound of a door closing.

"So" you start, looking up at him.

"So" he copy's looking down at you.

"Let's get baking!" You cheer excitedly jumping up, out of his arms. He laughs as he stands up next to you. "Come on" you call grabbing his hand and pulling him into the kitchen with you.

You quickly climb onto the counter to get aunt mays recipe books from the cupboard above the stove.

"Woah woah woah be careful" Peter worries, spotting from behind you.

"I'm always careful, unlike you mr Spider-Boy" you taunt.

"It's Spider-Man" he pouts crossing his arms.

"I know" you smile as he helps you down off the counter. "Now we got some baking to do. What should we start with?" You ask turning around to flip through the books.

"Doesn't matter to me" Peter states as he wraps his arms around your abdomen and leans his chin on your shoulder to see the books.

"Well then let's start with the cupcakes!" You cheer, quickly turning around so that you are face to face with Peter. He becomes clearly flustered with how close you two were so you give him a quick peck on the lips before moving out of his way to get the ingredients.

"Do you even know what your doing?" Peter asked, following you once he gained his composure.

"Of course I know what I'm doing, I have instructions" you tell him in a sarcastic tone as you hold up the cookbook for him to see

"Well then what's first?" He asks you.

"Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl" you instruct. Peter started to mix the ingredients while you poured them into the large bowl.

"Alright what's next?"

"Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl."

"Okay can we just use the same bowl?" Peter asks as you pull out another one.

"No we mix them all together after" you scold him.

As you and Peter mix the ingredients he starts to spill the dry ingredients over the counter.

"Peter be careful!" You shout as he notices his mistake.

"Sorry" he whimpers as you laugh at his cuteness.

"Here I'll finish this, you put the paper wrapping in the cupcake tin" you instructed him as you took the bowl from him. "Alright now we put this in the oven for 16 minutes" you tell Peter as you finish pouring the batter into the tin.

Peter nodded before taking the tray from you and placing it in the oven and setting the timer. Once Peter turned around you giggled as you threw a handful of flour at him. He smirked at you before picking you up and hugging you causing the flour to stick to you as well. Peter set you back on the ground and kissed your flour covered forehead with a smile.

"Looks like you two were having fun" aunt May laughs as she enters the kitchen to see the mess you both made.

"Sorry May we will clean this up right away" Peter apologized to his aunt as he turned to grab some towels and a broom. You both set to work sweeping the batter and flour off the floor and wiping it off your faces.

Suddenly your cleaning was interrupted by the beeping oven signalling your cupcakes were done. Peter rushed to the oven while you went to put the towels away.

"Pete!" You called as he opened the oven and turned around to face you. You tossed him an oven mit so that he wouldn't burn himself.

"Thanks" he called back. "Now what do we do?" He asked as you returned.

"Well we wait for the cupcakes to cool off then we decorate them" you smile excitedly but are cut off by sirens sounding out as they drive past the street.

"I'm sorry I gotta—" Peter starts.

"Just go! I can handle frosting some cupcakes" you tell him with a laugh as he rushes to change into his Spider-Man suit.

"Your the best" he quickly kisses your forehead.

~~~~~

"Need any help with those?" May asked as you started to decorate the cupcakes.

"Yeah that would be great" you smiled kindly at the older woman. You and May spent the afternoon decorating cupcakes while Peter was out playing superhero.

"Well that's the last of them, thanks again for the help. I bet you these are gonna sell out fast" May laughs as she carry's the containers of cupcakes out the door to feast for the bake sale tomorrow.

"Aw did I miss it?" Your boyfriends voice called from the ceiling after May left again.

"Don't worry May helped me decorate them" you reassure him knowing he would feel bad if you had to do it all alone.

"That's nice but I didn't even get to taste test one, you know as your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man it's my job to make sure all the cupcakes in Queens are safe to eat" he tells you as he jumps from his spot on the ceiling.

"Well then it's a good thing I saved you this special cupcake" you smile, proudly showing him the Spider-Man decorated cupcake you made for him.

"And this is why I love you" he hugs you before taking the cupcake.

———————————-
Question of the day: do you like baking?