Dusted

TW⚠️: mentions of the snap from infinity war

"Y/n what are you doing here?" Your best friends aunt May asked, surprised as to your sudden appearance at her door.

"I'm worried for Peter, he left earlier today when the spaceship showed up, then people started to disappear and Peter hasn't come back yet and I just-" you start to ramble as the kind woman pulls you into her arms for a comforting hug.

"Shhh it'll be alright, I'm sure he's safe" May held you tightly in her arms.

But neither of you knew that he wasn't coming home.

"May I'm gonna wash the dishes are there any in the living room?" You question the lady as you filled the sink with soap and water.

"Yeah here you go" she placed two cups on the counter next to the sink. You had been helping Peters aunt ever since he went missing four months ago. You weren't really sure if you were helping her to help the widowed woman or if it was because she made you feel closer to Peter.

You were pulled out of your thoughts by a knock on the door. May made her way to check who was visiting, hoping in the back of her mind that her long lost nephew had returned.

"Coming!" May calls but when she opens the door she goes silent.

"May is everything alright?" You ask turning the corner as you dry a plate.

That was the moment you know, Peter really wasn't coming home

That was the moment you know, Peter really wasn't coming home. In the door frame stood the Tony Stark, Peters mentor with a sad and tired look on his face. You dropped the plate and towel, rushing to hug May who had just lost her nephew as the glass shattered on the wooden floor and the two of you collapsed in a hug.

You had only lost your best friend so you could only imagine the pain that May was in knowing that she had lost her nephew who was like a son to her. She broke down on the floor as you hugged her and cried with her.

"I'm sorry, please come in" May offered to Tony as she collected herself with a few sniffles.

"I'm truly sorry for your loss and I promise we will do everything we can to bring them back"

"Was he in pain?" May asked right away.

"No, no he wasn't" Tony lied as flashbacks entered his mind.