The baby

"Y/n y/l/n!" Peter shouts, rushing up to the front desk of the hospital.

"Excuse me sir, but only her family are allowed in with her." The receptionist told him sternly.

"I'm her husband!" Peter raises his voice as he tells her.

"Oh I'm sorry, she's in room 512" she told him and as soon as she finished he ran off to find you. As he entered the hall he heard you shriek out in pain, running to the room as it echoed down the silent hallway. He found the room and rushed over to your side immediately, taking your hand in his.

"Hey hey baby, it's alright, I'm here" he cooed trying to calm you down. May Parker had been in the room with you as you waited for Peter to arrive, she was the closest thing you had to a parent as you mother died when you were born and your father haven't spoken to you since you became engaged to Peter as he wanted you to marry someone better. But the only person you ever wanted to be with and to start a family with was Peter Parker, the man holding your hand as you cried out in pain from another contraction.

"Your late" you breath heavily in between pushing.

"I know, I know and I'm sorry" he laughs a little, planting a quick kiss on your sweaty forehead.

"Okay we are going to push again and I think this time might be it" the doctor announced.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked, eyes focused on yours. You give him a nod squeezing his hand tighter as you scream out in pain and moments later there's another cry but it's not yours.

The new born child is placed on your chest as you cry happy tears.

"Hi baby" you smiled down at your baby. The doctors take the baby after a moment to clean them up on the other side of the room. You tilt your head to face the father of your baby to find him crying happy tears as he smiles as if he was the happiest man on earth.

With a tired hand you reach up to cup his face and he places his warm hand on top of yours.

"You did great" he tells you as you are still breathing heavily. You nodded along proudly while tracing a gentle hand over the bruises that started to form and scatter along his cheek.

"Peter, what happened?" You questioned in a soft whisper.

"Oh uh, I had a little run in on the way here" he lets out a short chuckle before wincing back as you touch a particularly sore bruise.

"Excuse me, sir, would you like us to take a look at that?" A nurse approached peter and motioned to the cuts and scrapes that also littered his tired face.

"Only if I get to stay with my beautiful wife" he smiled happily, holding your hand in his.

"Of course" the nurse smiled back, watching how in love you both were.

~~~

Once Peter had been cleaned up you looked up at him from your child, a look of pure love on your face.

"Would you like to hold them?" You questioned Peter softly, knowing he would say yes.

"Really? Yes, of course I want to hold them"

You passed the baby to your husband and moved over slightly, giving them room to lay beside you in the hospital bed. He wrapped an arm over your shoulders, holding you close to him with a happy smile on his face. Aunt May stood at the end of the bed, holding Peters camera up to take a family photo.

"You did good Peter" May tells him. "I'll leave you guys for a bit" she smiled, exiting the room as you had already fallen asleep in your husbands arms, child sleeping as well.

"God, I love you" Peter placed a gentle kiss on your forehead as to not wake you up, pulling back to see the small smile settle on your tried features.

—————————————————————
Question of the day: what did you think of Peter being late?