The daily bugle

"Hello I was hoping you could point me in the direction of mr Jameson's office?" You ask a secretary at her desk.

"And you are?" She questions looking at you through her glasses.

"I'm y/n, here for the reporter interview" you tell her kindly.

"Very well, his office is at the end of the hall eighth floor" she tells you. You nod and walk towards the elevator. It starts to close when you hear a boy yell.

"Wait" he shouts rushing forward. You stop the doors from closing as the boy runs in out of breath. "Hey thanks for holding the elevator I'm Peter" he introduced holding out his hand for you to shake.

"Y/n" you respond with a smile.

"Are you new here? I mean I don't think I've seen you around" he questions.

"Yeah I'm actually here for the reporter interview"

"Well good luck with that Jameson is really special" Peter laughs but he's cut off when the elevator dings. "After you" he offers.

"Thank you" you smile politely before stepping off and finding your way towards mr Jameson's office.

"He is a menace now get me a story on him!" An older man yelled at a reporter in his office.

"Hello mr Jameson I'm here for the reporter interview" you announce upon entering the office after things seemed to calm down.

"Ah yes can you get me story's on Spider-Man?" He asked sternly. You simply nod your head too afraid to speak. "Great you're hired, now get me a story on Spider-Man now!" The man shouts at you.

"Yes sir you won't be disappointed" you nod to your new boss.

"Well what are you waiting for? Go!" You rushed out of the office with your camera and notebook ready to find a story about Spider-Man.

You take to the streets to see if you can find any news on Spider-Man. Sitting in a cafe you look up to the news once more before getting up to leave. You exit the warm shop into the cold city night when out of nowhere a car zooms by.

That might be a good lead you think to yourself quickly following after the car as best you can. After running after the car you finally arrive at an old building with an open window. You ready your camera as you climb up through the window into the dark, drafting place. You hid behind some crates peaking out only to snap a photo.

But that was your first mistake.

Click.

You had left your flash on an now gained the attention of the drug dealers in the room.

"Uh oh" you said frightened. Before you can run two men have a hold of you while the others are tying you to a wooden chair. You struggle against their grip but fail in the end. "Let me go!" You demand.

"Well aren't you quite the fighter" the boss man observes stepping towards you, into the light. "Now how about you tell us about Spider-Man or maybe how you found us"

"I don't know anything" you tell him, still trying to get free.

"Well let's see if you'll talk after this" the large man threatens, moving to punch you square in the face. Suddenly his fist is stopped by a web leading to the masked hero of Queens.

"You heard the lady she doesn't know anything now leave her alone!" Spider-Man demands from being perched on a beam on the ceiling.

"Well well well looks like she brought us just who we wanted. Too bad she'll have to pay for it" the man says with a flick of his finger the three men were coming at you steadily.

"Not on my watch" Spider-Man called lunging down and jumping on one of them while webbing the other two. He twisted around and flung the man to the ground before jumping back up himself to face the boss.

"Not so fast" the boss said slyly as he had a gun pointed at your head. "Now we wouldn't want to hurt anyone would we? Because you and I both know that I'll blow those pretty little brains right out of her head"

"Please don't" Spider-Man begged sounding genuine. But before you could process anything a white web stuck to the chair and pulled it towards the masked hero taking you with it as a gunshot rang out. You gasped not knowing if you or anyone else had been hurt yet. As you wiggled out of the ropes you could hear the two men fighting, one of them eventually falling on the concrete. You shuffled back quickly as the hero approached you.

"Don't worry I'm here to help" he promised raising his arms in defence. You nod slightly snapping a quick photo of the scene and the hero before turning back to the masked boy. "I can take you home" he offered holding out a gloved hand. You gladly took it as he pulled you in close. "You might want to hold on"

Once again you were moving before you could even think about it. Feeling the brisk air of New York as the hero swung from building to building.

"Thank you Spider-Man" you smiled as he had dropped you off at your apartment complex.

"Well that's my job looking out for the little guy" he commented proudly. He turned to swing away when he called back "oh and good luck with your article for the daily bugle!"

"Wait how do you-" you started to ask but it was to late as he had already swung into the night sky. You quickly snapped another photo of the hero swinging away before you entered your apartment to start on that article.

Jameson was wrong about Spider-Man and you were going to prove it.

———————————————-
Question of the day: would you ever want to work at the daily bugle and what would your job be? (Reporter, photographer)

I hope you enjoyed this imagine! I didn't get the chance to edit it before posting so if you find any errors please let me know in the comments, I would really appreciate the help!