Home again

Based off 'from now on' from the greatest showman

It was a normal night for you, sitting on the couch watching the news and waiting for Peter to return from his job at the daily bugle. Your face lit up hearing the familiar sound of Peters keys in the door and him entering the apartment you both lived in. But all that excitement was ruined once again as your attention was turned back to the news.

"Breaking news our very own queens is experiencing earth quakes due to the chaos down at Oscorp labs." Your friend Mary Jane Watson announced on the news. "Where is Spider-Man in these dangerous times?"

"Looks like you'll be working late tonight" you sighed looking up to the stern face of your boyfriend as he watched the tv with focus and anger.

"I'll be back before you know it" he kissed you on the head before running to change into his suit.

"Peter this seems really dangerous are you sure you can stop it?" You worry as he is about to leave.

"Y/n I promise I will come back home" he gave you another quick hug and kiss before pulling the webbed mask over his head and waving as he swung out of the window.

Little did you know that he would get trapped in the portal to the dark depths of the spider verse.

Peters POV

I saw the sun begin to dim and felt that winter wind blow cold. A man learns who is there for him when the webbing fades and the walls won't hold. 'Cause from that rubble what remains can only be what's true. If all was lost there's more I gained 'Cause it led me back to you.

From now on these eyes will not be blinded by the lights.

From now on what's waited 'til tomorrow starts tonight

"What's the plan Pete?" Miles asks as I sit on the ground thinking about my dearest y/n probably worried sick back home waiting for me.

"Let this promise in me start, like an anthem in my heart" I starts as I stands up to face the spider hero's just like me who have been lost in the dark hole of the spider-verse together.

"I lived a life with heroes and gods, the politicians praised my name, but those are someone else's dreams the pitfalls of the man I became. For years and years I chased their cheers, the crazy speed of swinging home. But when I stop and see her there, I remember who all this was for" the broken hero thinks about you, his biggest supporter.

"And from now on these eyes will not be blinded by the lights" Miles joins in on giving hope to the fallen hero's.

"From now on what's waited 'til tomorrow starts tonight" Gwen takes Miles hand in hers.

"It starts tonight!" The hero's all cheer.

"And let this promise in me start, like an anthem in my heart. From now on!" I start again.

"From now on!" Jessica Drew shouts out.

"From now on!" Spider-Ham joins in.

"And we will come back home, And we will come back home" I get everyone up on their feet ready to finish the mission.

"Home, again!" Everyone shouts together.

"Alright boss what's the plan?" Silk asks looking up to me.

"We all got pulled in here by a portal right?" I asked earning nods from the crowd. "So we gather what tech we have on us from web shooters or goggles and we make another portal to get us out and home"

"We could modify the web shooters for everyone to act as a personal portal and it can teleport us home again" Spider-Man 2099 suggested.

"Sounds good let's pile together all the tech we can gather" I instructed to my friends.

After many hard hours of work we had perfected a personal portal for everyone.

"Let's see if this really works" Spider-Man noir said before being the first one to test the device. He pushed the button and was gone. The crowd of people gasped as they started to try on them self's.

"Looks like we're the last ones left" Miles chuckled to Gwen and I as we stood together in the dark room.

"On three?" Gwen asked.

"One three"

"One" Miles said.

"Two" Gwen followed.

"Three" I finished with a push to my device.

Your POV

"Who's there?" You questioned exiting the kitchen with a frying pan held over your head.

You froze at the sight of your tired boyfriend standing in the living room with the biggest smile you had ever seen on his face. Instantly dropping the pan you ran into his arms, glad he was back home and safe.

"Peter?" You questioned as you held his face in your hands.

"I'm right here" he smiled at you before kissing you.

Home, again, he thought as you hugged him tightly.

——————————————
Question of the day: do you enjoy the song based imagines?

I apologize for not posting these imagines as frequently as I would have liked but I can promise you that I will be writing lots more as I get back into the swing of this book! As always have a great day and stay awesome!