🌸💬👨‍👩‍👧

Even later that day-

Sasuke and I wordlessly stepped out of his car and made our way to the terminal we were supposed to meet my parents at. It would be a lie if I said that I wasn't the tiniest bit nervous. Sure, my parents encouraged me to be more of a people-person, yet they were still very protective of me. At least, as protective as you can get, if you are possibly thousands of miles away from your kid. How would they react to Sasuke? I mean, they already knew about him. How would they react to the fact that I'm dating someone, and that I'm not really a little girl anymore?

<~————~>

In classic Sasuke style, he shoved his hand in his pockets, put on an emotionless expression and stayed wordless. But it was the silence that made me even more jittery. "Hey, Sasuke-kun?"

"Hn?"

"Cha, I'm a little nervous... Can we just, ya know, talk a little?"

"Alright. Is there anything you want to talk about?"

"Mhm! Yep!"

<~————~>

Soon enough, we were greeted by the warm smiles and embraces of my dear parents, Kizashi and Mebuki Haruno. "Sakura, dear! Wonderful to see you again, my beautiful darling!" Mom gave dropped her bags off by Dad and ran to suffocate me in a hug. The hug of death was a well practiced Haruno tradition. "We missed you so much!"

"We sure did, Sakura." Dad chimed in, giving me a hug and patting my cheek. "Happy birthday! We got you a gift."

<~————~>

"Aa, konbanwa." Sasuke greeted my parents with a nod.

Mom and Dad turned to look at Sasuke and grinned, "You must be Uchiha Sasuke." Dad told Sasuke, as he shook his hand, "I'm Kizashi, by the way."

"And I'm Mebuki."

"Pleased to meet you, Kizashi-san and Mebuki-san."

"Sakura-chan has told us a lot about you, Sasuke. Quite a bit." Dad teased me and winked at Sasuke.

I blushed heavily and glared at Dad, "Dad!!!" I yelped gently slapping his arm. Just leave it to my parents, my dad in particular, to publicly embarrass me.

Sasuke turned to me and raised his eyebrow, "Hn, is that so?" He stifled a chuckle. I flashed him an dead look and punched his side.

"Our daughter is quite talkative when she gets started, you know that?" Mom said matter-of-factly."

I let out an exasperated groan, "Mom!"

<~————~>

"Thank you for the ride, Sasuke." Dad told Sasuke as we unloaded my parent's bag from Sasuke's car. "It was quite the kind courtesy. As Sakura-chan's driving is, erm, frightening." Dad sweat-dropped.

Mom decided to butt in, "Yes, and it was nice getting to finally talk to you, after how much Sakura-chan has talked about you!" A broad smile appeared on her face, "We look forward to seeing you in our daughter's future!"

My eyes widened and I blushed heavily, "Mom! What the heck?! Too soon!" I flailed my hands.

"Hn, well, Mebuki-san, I am Sakura's boyfriend..." Sasuke smirked, his overall politeness seeming out of character. I knew that he was just trying to earn my parents trust, so I just went with it.

Mom and Dad stared at us, their jaws dropped, "Wow! Congrats on that, sweetie!" Mom cheered, recovering from her shock.

Dad chuckled and rubbed his neck, "I guess our little girl is growing up..."

"She sure is!" Mom agreed, her eyes tearing up, "Even more so, as today is her birthday. I'm so sorry we couldn't get to do anything together. And it's probably to late now." She apologized.

"No, no, it's fine Mom. Don't feel bad! I went out for a little while with Ino, Hinata, Naruto, and Tenten! Plus, erm, um, ah, Sasuke actually asked me out, today. Best. Present. Ever." Sasuke smirked yet again and nodded as if to confirm the fact.

"Well if you are happy, we are happy." Dad stated, pulling us (yes, even Sasuke) into a tight Haruno death hug. Such wholesome :)