Turn Back Time

Hayden**

I can still remember how I got into stardom. It's been 4 years since fame becomes me. In just 4 years, I achieved a lot of awards from my singing career and being a songwriter. For 4 years, I've been known around the globe. And for 4 years, I still don't know who is EPSmusic. All of my success and achievements are all because of her? Him? It? I don't even know if that person is a man or woman. I whispered to myself. I owe it all to that person.

Before it all begins. I recalled someone heavily knocking at my door. It was Caleb my best friend. He is a producer, musical director, and owned one of the biggest music companies. He produced one of my albums, sometimes he acted like he was my manager. He is one hell good at what he is doing.

Is there a fire? I asked him when I opened the door.

Tsk! The time has come Hayd, he stated excitedly. Let me in, he continued.

Time for what? I asked while opening the door widely. He entered and directly went to the kitchen to make coffee. I just shook my head, he moved around the house like it was his own.

Talk to me. I commanded.

You are very lucky that I am your best friend, did you know that? He grinned.

And why is that? I asked him raising my eyebrow.

I found you a genius composer that will compliment your lyrical magic. He started giving me a big smile.

Let's see about that. You know that I don't want to release any song at the moment, I don't want to waste my materials that do not suit the right melody and rhythm. I sighed.

Just listen to it first and let me know what you decide. If you decided to go for it, I will personally produce it and manage it on hand. He winked. Is my room still exist here? And my other things? I am tired, I need a long sleep. He stated.

Go on, you know your way. I shook my head.

By the way, check EPSmusic, that's the composer's account. Guess what? He asked excitedly. That person got a million followers. He stated.

That famous? I asked.

Hmmm, he paused thinking, that genius. He continued, before I could ask any more questions he rushed running towards his room.

I took my phone and search the composer account. That person is gaining a lot of followers and attention. There is no information on the profile about the composer. Picture of a musical note in the profile picture. I checked the posts. I saw millions of views of every post. Some play piano, guitar, and even violin. The comments are all positive, most are asking who is behind the melodies and instruments. What shocked me was, that the account owner only followed 2 persons.. and guess what? Yup, you guessed it right, that would be Caleb and me.

--

I closed my eyes while listening to the music. It gives me a shiver and at the same time relaxes me. While listening, I started whispering some of my lyrics.

Her melody and rhythm are haunting, regal, oldest choral, incredibly infectious, pleasant, atonal, hybrid, breathy low, plaintively intense, sweet beguiling, unfamiliar, inspiring old, sweet, tinny, beautifully poignant, heedless, and unfrozen. I could go on and describe all the adjectives that compliment what I am listening to but decided not to and continued to focus on the music.

Her music and my lyrics perfectly suit me well. It's like you found the missing piece of your life. Finding your Nemo, finding your happy ending. I feel like I am a bit exaggerating but that is exactly how I feel. I fell in love with melody and rhythm. Who are you? I whispered.

--

Caleb!!!!! I shouted like there is no tomorrow.

He rushed towards me, what? Tell me what is wrong? He asked frantically.

Tell me about that person, the composer. I stated putting my hands on my waist.

That's it? And you shouted like you are about to die? He sighed in disbelief. Before I could speak, well, the thing is, that person only agreed to use the materials because we both agreed that no one will know who is behind the music. That person is too private and doesn't want to associate in the entertainment industry. And that person only agreed because I begged to use that masterpiece materials. He continued.

Why? I mean, why did you beg? I asked curiously.

That person, said no to me before. The composer thinks that no one deserves her hidden talent and that person keeps telling that "it is just my hobby", Caleb quoted.

Why does that person agree now? I asked.

Like I told you, I begged. Secondly, I asked that person with the impeccable and beyond brilliant talent to use to produce your next album. That is another agreement, that you will be the one and only one who will put the lyrics on that composer's creations. He finished with a smirk.

Me?? Why?? I asked continuously.

Well, I gave that person a sample of your songs and draft copies of your writings and compositions. After having a hard time debating with that person, your composer finally said yes to me. Caleb stated happily.

What does that person's comments on my works? I asked curiously.

Probably, that person likes your work, that is why I am here now discussing it with you. Your composer said, and I quote, "Ok, fine. You can use my materials. If there is anything you needed, let me know and I will provide it. Don't forget our agreement or I will end you." Caleb said in a dry tone.

I think I just found my soul mate. I mumbled out of nowhere.

You're what? Caleb asked looking shocked.

It is hard to explain, but when I hear that music and melody I feel the connection through that person's music. Do you know what I mean? I replied trying hard to explain but fails.

Hmm, interesting. Caleb commented while grinning.

At the end of the day, I decided to follow that person on Instagram.