Just Like Heaven (a)

Hayden**

Holding my phone just looking at Eve's name in my contact. Should I call or text her or not? It's like sending her messages on her Instagram or commenting on her posts, what is the difference between calling her or messaging her on her number? Arguing with myself, I sighed.

She probably saw the news. The articles about us spread like a wildfire. I frowned knowing that Eve will not like it.

I still remember what happened last week. Who am I kidding? How could I forget, I was with Everly. That was the best and happiest day of my life, by far.

--

Flashback** (Hayden's pov)

Monica.
Everly.

We both said in unison, we both chuckled, lessening the tension and awkwardness.

Right. It's so nice to finally meet you Hayden Monica Henderson. I am Everly Peyton Sterling, I am a huge fan. She smiled and offered her hand.

Please, I am your fan not the other way around, after shaking her hand, at last. I commented.

Eh?

I mean, I've been waiting for this day to finally meet you and see you in person. Don't you forget that I am sending you messages on Instagram every day and commenting on all your posts, and you never bothered to reply once? I stated shyly.

Too direct, are we? Well, at least, I am reading all of it. Everly said playfully and give her a beautiful smile that cause my heart beating rapidly. Can we move on and have a start fresh? She continued.

So, how do you like your accommodation here in The Sterling?

Isn't too much?

Anything for you. She said timidly. If only I could give you the world, I will. She said whispering only she can hear. I don't know if I heard that right or just imagined things, still, I am blushing.

What do you want to do today? She asked me.

I want to go to an amusement park.

Amusement park? Isn't that too much crowd for both of us, especially for you?

You asked me, why you're complaining? I pout.

Eh? I am not complaining, I am just concerned about you. You are famous and all, everyone will recognize you.

But I want to go to an amusement park, please, still giving her a pout and adding a puppy eye.

What are you, a kid?

Yes, I am a kid. Can we go now, I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

O.. okay. I.. clearing her throat, I drive, she continued. I smiled at her and pulled her and did not let go of her hand. She just looked at me shocked and looked at her hands and mine entwined.

--

I can't stop myself staring at Everly. I suddenly remember how my heart melts from her smile.

Did you know that it is illegal to stare? Everly commented, but I don't mind. She continued. I smiled and slapped her shoulder, and then cling my arms to her while queuing in the ticket booth.

I am afraid of heights. I utter.

Eh? Then why did you want to go here? She asked confused. Don't worry, I am here. You don't have to be afraid. Everly reassured.

As soon as the roller coaster started to move, I suddenly felt nervous. My breathing became ragged as the ride rose. I shut my eyes tightly and lowered my head to calm myself down.

Are you okay? Everly asked. I just gave her a nod as an answer because I don't think I can talk right now.

Hayden Monica Henderson was scared like a baby. Everly said. Even if I can't see her, I knew that she is wearing an annoying smirk.

I felt something warm touch my hand which was Everly's hand. I was expecting a smirking Everly when I look at her but I saw a genuine smile instead which made my heart thumped.

I'm here, don't be nervous. She said and intertwined her hands on mine.

I wasn't able to react because the ride suddenly rush downwards. Everly lifted our hands and screamed while she was smiling widely. I realized that the ride has reached its climax making the screams of the people riding together with us go louder.

But I can't take my eyes off this gorgeous woman beside me. I was mesmerized by her smile, her giggles. I never think that this time would come when I can enjoy a day like this with her. And just by then, a certain question popped up right at the back of my mind.

If I scream here now how much I like you, will you be able to hear it?

The ride has come to an end but my hands were still intertwined at Everly's. I wasn't able to shout my real feelings toward the latter because when I finally got the courage I needed, the ride has already ended. I am very disappointed by the fact that I left my chance to slip away.

Everly casually talks to me about how enjoyable the ride was. Even she didn't notice that she was still holding my hand. I was eagerly listening to her as I enjoy the warmth of her touch.

And when it go up Everly stopped from what she was about to say when she raised that hand. She was about to motion how the roller coaster went upwards but she was caught off track. She quickly let go of my hand which sent a frown on my face.

Everly looked away and mumbled an apology, hiding her blushing cheeks which I don't know if it was because of embarrassment or something else. I noticed some paparazzi not far away from us and taking a picture of us. I told Everly how worried I am about her privacy. However, she told me not to worry about it and just enjoy this day.