Where Do We Go From Here?

Hayden**

Everly suddenly showed up at my front door. Once I opened it, she invited herself inside as if she owned the place. Well, she owned the building and she gave the suite but never mind. I sigh. And now ranting about something in French. Okay, come in. I said talking to myself.

Everly walking back and forth around the living room, I sit on the couch, sip my coffee, and watched her.

Do you want me to talk or shut up? She asked shyly.

Talk.

Monica, I am so sorry. I was a total jerk to you. She started. God, I forgot how much I missed you. She added.

First, they'll give you butterflies then mental trauma. Hayden said mentally. I get it. You had a tumor. It's just.. it feels like we don't know each other.

Yeah, I know. And I understand if you don't want our relationship to continue. I just want us to be happy. And we're-

I know. It's okay, Eve. I know.

Do you think we got this wrong? Made the wrong decision about us? Everly asked looking intently at Hayden.

No. I don't.

I-I know it was all the tumor but I made your life miserable from the beginning.

No, you don't.

But I am saying is, Everly sighs before she continues. My love for you, my affection, my attraction was not because I had a tumor.. and I know that, because of the affection, the attraction is still here.. even without the tumor. So I want us to continue whatever we have.

Me too.

Really? After all my craziness?

Yes, Eve. Nothing is changed.

So, can we just decide that we're gonna blame everything bad on the brain tumor and just keep all the good stuff? And be in a relationship? A normal relationship?

Yeah, we can do that Eve. But-

Monica, I'm begging. This is me begging. Aren't I cute when I beg? Everly said while I am trying to hide my smile.

The begging is cute, don't get me wrong-

I would like to make it up to you if you let me. Everly said.

Why do keep interrupting me? I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Oh-I-

I'm kidding! I said teasing. What do you have in mind? I added.

Crap! I totally forgot that I have a meeting in two hours. Everly exclaimed.

Okay, okay. Hmmm, I have a photoshoot in thirty minutes why don't you join me? I said smirking.

Sure, I love that. I'll drive. Everly stated.

--

The two women saw several media outside the studio. Media are everywhere. Everly mumbled. I can imagine the headlines for tomorrow's issue in entertainment news. She added while Hayden chuckles at her comment.

What would be the headline? Hayden asked curiously.

Most probably that we are already married and expecting a baby. Both of them laugh at Everly's answer.

Once they exited the car, the cameras are started clicking. Hayden cling into Everly's arms then whispered... Give them your best smile; you will be on the front page tomorrow. Everly looked at Hayden shaking her head while chuckling.

When they reached the studio, the staff immediately approached Hayden and took her coat and bag. Everly looked around for a moment then sit on the couch.

Wait for me here. Hayden said before disappearing with the staff. Everly just shrugs and calls Taylor to cover her for the meeting. It is going to be a long day. She whispered.

Minutes have passed and Everly was getting sleepy when she finally saw Hayden stepping out of the dressing room. Everly watched her stand before the blinding lights with a large white background behind her.

Hayden started posing for the camera and shutter sounds filled the studio. Everly gawked at how professional Hayden is in this field. The attitude and feistiness were natural and Everly finds it hot.

Hayden changed into three more outfits and Everly almost forgot that she was feeling sleepy as she continued to watch Hayden. Everly did not even notice when the shoot ended and Hayden stood in front of her.

This is Diane. Hayden introduced the staff beside her. She will help you get dressed. Come with her. She added.

What-why would I-

They will shoot us together, and we will model for the brand. Hayden simply said as if it is the most normal thing in the world.

You know you are bad at joking. Everly commented.

I am not kidding. Hayden winked.

Everly's eyes widened. I am sorry? But why would I model for YSL?

They are actually scouting for a new model, and I think you are the best fit for these, so yeah. Hayden said hiding her smile.

You're an artist, not a scouting agent. Stop fooling around, Monica. Everly pout.

It's true, though. You should get change now. They are waiting for us and I already signed the contract on your behalf. Hayden smiles widely. By the way, stop pouting. It is illegal. She added.

I-why would you even sign it without my permi-

Hayden started pushing gently Everly while ranting towards the staff. Everly was still complaining but she was already dragged by the staff inside the dressing room. Hayden let out a giggle and settles on the couch while waiting for Everly. After a few minutes, Everly stepped out from the dressing room and Hayden's eyes were suddenly glued to Everly as if she's the thing her eyes are capable of seeing at the moment.

Everly clearing her throat getting the attention of Hayden. The photographer instructed them what to do before the shoot started.

It was four in the afternoon when they left the studio. On the way to The Sterling, Everly was still ranting at Hayden about not informing her of the modeling and contract thing beforehand.

This is your stop. Everly said in a serious tone not looking at Hayden.

Before she could open the car, she heard Hayden again... Wait, Eve!

What now?? Everly asked quickly.

How about we have just coffee and after that dinner? I will cook for you. Hayden stated but she saw Everly was hesitant.

I am saying sorry. This is me, saying sorry to you because I dragged you into modeling and signed the contract. Aren't I cute when I say sorry? Hayden teased Everly.

Everly looked at Hayden in disbelief. Did you just-

Yes, I did. So, let us get inside and help me prepare dinner while having coffee. Hayden said chuckling while she entwined her hand to Everly. Everly gave the car keys to the staff and instructed him to park her car.

They were just having coffee except it wasn't really coffee at all. Everly was staring at Hayden and she was staring back at her. It was hearts fluttering, eyes flirting, and cheeks blushing. It was more like soul-catching fire in between each sip of hot steaming coffee, never mistake it for 'just coffee' when they were secretly burning for each other.

The art of having coffee. They both said mentally.

How do you feel about sushi burritos? Hayden said breaking their silent flirting.

That sounds like a culinary abomination, and I need one immediately. Everly quickly replied and both women laugh at her remarks.