If It Is You

Hayden**

Two hours before the concert when I received a text from Caleb saying, on our way. Then it hits me, Everly was with her. Everly Peyton Sterling is going to watch her concert.

I started to feel uneasy, roaming around in my dressing room. Fidgeting my fingers, suddenly having labored breathing. Checking myself in the mirror every second. I am freaking out knowing that she is going to watch my concert. I feel as nervous as a mouse that hears a cat in the hall.

I looked around backstage, there, I saw Caleb talking or should I say arguing with someone. Is that her? I thought to myself. I can't see her clearly from where I stand, I can only see her back. I was about to walk towards them when someone called me telling me that ten more minutes before the show. I nodded and looked back to where is Caleb and Everly are, but to my dismay, Everly is no longer there. I saw Caleb walking towards my way.

Peyton is here. Caleb immediately told me.

Is that the woman I just saw with you? He nods. Where is she? Can I see her at least? I asked continuously.

She is there somewhere. Not now okay, there is a right time for that, focus on your concert. He stated. Are you ready? Give them the show that they will never forget. He smiled.

I nod not telling him how nervous I am and freaking out knowing her sister is watching. I sighed.

It is time to go stage. My eyes roamed around backstage hoping to see someone but miserably failed. Before I started singing, I don't know what comes to me to say those things and words to her. It's not that I regretted it, I loved it. It is just like, I am not ashamed at all. I slightly pouted thinking about that.

Undoubtedly, the atmosphere in the Madison was very electric as everyone there looked happy with the performance. I sang most of my favorite songs which were originally written by myself. I sing about 12 to 15 songs.

During my performance, I played piano and guitar to showcase my songs. I moved across the concert stage while most of the audience was dancing cheerfully with the songs. I dance as well. People inside the concert hall were singing in every song that I sing. It made me smile and happy.

Somewhere in the middle of my performance, I shiver. I can feel someone is watching me intensely. I know it was Everly, I am still trying to look for her. Damn, she is good at hiding. I thought to myself and then smile.

Entirely and all, I feel that the show was a complete success. I come running to Caleb. He welcomes me with a hug and congratulated me on the success of my last concert. I looked around looking for someone.

She left. Caleb stated. She left at the half of the show.

What? Why? I am feeling dejected again.

Don't be sad now superstar. At least she showed up and watched right. That is the most important thing, right?

I nodded. But why did she leave early? I asked.

Meetings. Caleb said in a dry tone. Don't worry I just know how to make it up to you that involves my sister. He finishes wiggling his eyebrows.

Really? How? I asked excitedly like a kid.

My god Hayd, you are crushing hard on my sister. Just wait till you see how annoying and stubborn she is, you might reconsider your feelings for her. Caleb teased, I just rolled my eyes at him.

After the conference, meet and greet, and fan sign, Caleb drive us back to The Sterling using my car. We go on separate ways as we are both tired because of the concert. I immediately fell asleep on the sofa and woke up at 2 am.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. Thinking about what I could do at this time. After the shower, I quickly change into something normal clothes like jeans and a shirt and went to the VIP lounge resto-bar.

While waiting for my order, I open my Instagram and check Everly's post. I put hearts in all her posts. All her captioned in every post feels like she is talking to me, I replied to her every post like I was talking to her too. And suddenly the comments section becomes crazy again. She never bothered to reply to all comments and all messages I keep sending her. I sighed and at the same time smiled.

I was sipping my coffee while scanning the crowd. When I noticed a woman, a very beautiful woman I might say, walking towards the grand hall in the lounge. Where the live band is resting before their next session. They are discussing something and then suddenly the woman sits at the piano and play something very familiar to me.

She is playing the song that we did not release. Her personal favorite, I whispered. I was mesmerized by the way she played it, closing her eyes, you can see the emotions in her. While she was playing, I took my phone out to record a video of her, I started to sing it unconsciously.

Why is it so hard for you?
To properly see me trying?
I get shocked to see
How much I can hurt because of you
My days are a struggle
Even my dreams are painful
If it was you, how would it be?
If these crazy days become yours?
If you break down as much as me
Will you know?
All the pain that fills me
To the point where my heart is about to explode
How much I want you?
If I was you
I would just love me
My heart is endlessly down in the ground
I am afraid of everything that surrounds me
They say you'll be happy when you fall in love,
Who said that?
Because I only know a love
That looks at you from behind
I know you already answered me
I know the meaning of an answer less answer
But I pretend not to know and I am lingering
Do you know how I'm doing these days?
I can't even fall asleep
I can't even swallow anything
As I look at you, I'm becoming more ruined, do you know that?
I feel like dying
Even though there's no way you'll come to me
Even though I know you're looking somewhere else
I don't think I can let go of you

The song ended. Why there are tears in my eyes? Staring at her, she seems tired and sad? I move and was about to walk in her direction, here she goes again, she disappeared into the crowd and then the next thing I knew, she was already inside the elevator.

I walk over to the bar and ask the manager who was playing the piano a while ago. I just want to make sure that it was her.

That was Everly Peyton Sterling, the owner and the chairman of The Sterling, the manager stated.