Adrift And At Peace

Hayden was awakened by the rays of sunlight hitting her face through the window curtains. She slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was a figure sleeping beside her hugging her waist, Hayden move a little to get a better look at a sleeping beauty beside her. Hayden took her time scanning Everly's features, she almost looked like an angel. She whispered.

Hayden was taken aback when Everly slowly opened her eyes.

Everly opened her eyes and close it again. She opened it again and focused her gaze in front of her until she saw the most beautiful eyes that she have come to love. Everly stared and Hayden stared back.

Still half asleep? Hayden smirked.

Sorry. Everly mumbled and stood up groggily. She looked around with a confused expression.

Why are you in my room? Everly asked, and Hayden gave her an amused look.

You are in my room. Hayden stated.

Why Am I in your room? Everly asked again.

What do you think? She chuckled. Ask all the beer you have drank. You were knocked out cold in the club. She added.

I and alcohol don't go really well. Everly said calmly while massaging her temple.

Then why did you join the game?

You challenge me.

Hayden didn't answer and just looked at Everly. She was wearing Hayden's shirt that looks good on her.

Wait, you mean Caleb and Isabelle left us? Everly said.

They left us. I decided to take you home and carry you. Hayden shrugs.

Did you carry me? Everly asked in disbelief.

Yeah, and you're so heavy. How else could I have taken you here? I should have just dragged you instead. Hayden teased.

Wow, I didn't know you're athletic. You should join the heavy lifting contest. Everly teased back.

I'll join the MMA. Be my guest. Hayden rolled her eyes.

I'm surprised you didn't just drop me on the couch though. Everly still teasing.

I am not that heartless. Hayden said pretending to be hurt.

Or you just really love me. Everly smiled widely.

The nerve! Hayden exclaimed. I really should have left you in the street, you ungrateful person. She added chuckling.

Their little banter and bickering went on for a while until they are inches away from each other, almost kissing.

Um... Do you have an aspirin? My head is throbbing like hell. Everly said whispering, their lips almost touching.

Hayden's face was heating up she didn't even know why. Aspirin? Y-yeah... Sure. Let me prepare you soup for your hangover first. Hayden said stuttering.

Hayden left the room immediately, leaving Everly smirking to herself then lay on the bed.

Hayden returned to her room with the food. She carefully closed the door, put the food on the table, and approaches Everly on the bed.

Love, you look... Sick. Hayden said worriedly.

Everly let out a chuckle. Tell me something I don't know.

Eat your food and take these meds. Hayden commanded.

I don't like them. Everly said eyes almost closing.

Hayden pressed her hand to Everly's forehead feeling her temperature. You don't have to like them, you just have to take them. Hayden said. You're hot. She added.

I already know that, but thanks for pointing it out. Everly said smirking.

I-I meant your temperature is high. You're literally hot. Hayden said shaking her head.

It's just a fever, Monica. Everly said yawning.

Still, you need to eat your food and take your medicine. Hayden ordered.

Everly sighed. There is no point arguing with a persistent woman. You're going to feed me? Everly sat up in surprise.

Uh, yes? I don't think you're in a good condition to even hold a spoon, so yes, I'll be feeding you. Hayden smiled at her.

After she finish the food, Everly took the medicine as ordered by Hayden.

It's cold. Everly said and pulled the blanket to cover her body.

I'll turn on the heater. Hayden said worriedly.

It's still cold. Everly pulled the blanket up to her nose and snuggles.

Hayden joins her under the sheets and scoots closer to her, carefully wrapping her arms around Everly's body in a hug.

Thank you. Everly whispered and kiss her forehead.

The human blanket is always an effective source of heat. Hayden mumbles. Hayden tightens her embraces and Everly hugs her back until the latter fell asleep in Hayden's warm embrace.