Catastrophe And Cure

Taylor.

Shh. I need you to stay still. It's been what? Forever? Shouldn't you tell someone? Does Caleb know? What about Hayden and Isabelle?

No. And I don't want them to know. I don't need your advice or your concern. What I need is for you to follow HIPAA and keep your mouth shut... I'm fine. I just... I need you to just follow my plan.

I'm not gonna follow your plan because the part of your brain that makes plans is compromised. Your plans, your judgment, your decision-making, your impulse control... it's all tumor. Do you understand? You are not a sound mind now, and you haven't been for years.

I didn't want to call you about this, but...

Say it. You have to say it. Out loud.

You're the best.

Damn straight. Oh! I like this.

Never should've called you.

There had to be signed. Are you erratic? Impulsive? Obsessive?

No.

Contrast is in, and I need you to stop moving. Got it?

Never should've called you.

You know, you are hurting the people that love you.
If you don't let them help you through this, you'll hurt them a lot worse.

Okay, all right. You're right. Right. I am going to tell them.

--

Sorry. I was in the courtroom. What's wrong? Who died? Isabelle asked when she saw Everly.

These are mine. Everly answered.

What do you mean? Isabelle asked confused.

Um.. this is my brain. I have a tumor in it. A benign meningioma. Everly said.

I'm sorry. What? Isabelle asked in disbelief.

Izzie, I have a 10-centimeter tumor in my left frontal lobe, and I'm having it surgically removed. Everly stated. Izzie, don't cry. She added.

I am allowed to cry. I cry all the time. How long have you known about this? Isabelle asked.

After Monica's last concert. But, I consulted Taylor for a second opinion before she went on vacation. Everly said. Taylor mentioned that I had the tumor over the years. She added.

Peyton...

Caleb and Monica don't know, either. I'm gonna need your help telling them because I can't do it.

Okay, okay. I am going to call them now.

Caleb arrived immediately. What happened? He asked.

Cale, we have something to tell you. Isabelle started.

Hayden arrived an hour later...

Hey. Did you call me? Hayden asked looking at Caleb.

I did. Everly said.

You called me. We haven't spoken in weeks. Hayden stated.

Monica, I know. Everly said in low voice. But I need to talk to you now. She added.

Oh, oh, so, all I've wanted to was talk, and every time I come looking for you, you're holed up in this room staring on those scans and all you've done is blow me off, and honestly, I'm at the point where I don't care. Hayden said furiously.

Monica... Everly whispered.

Wait, why's your name on those scans? She asked.

Everly burst into tears and hugged Hayden.