Crazy Over You (b)

Everly**

As soon as my brother mentioned Hayden's name, I immediately looked in her direction. This is the first time that actually happened to me, standing and staring at her awkwardly and don't know how to greet her properly. To cover up my awkwardness, I just smile at her sweetly.

The thing about Hayden Monica Henderson is that I can't describe her in one sentence. From day one I agreed to use my pieces to her songs, I started to follow her, watch her even the memes. I can see that she is beautiful, cute, fun, smart, talented, and so many things that I am too shy to say and too stubborn to admit to myself.

I haven't spoken to her all these years, but the minute I heard her voice and saw her in videos on social media, I got a little crush on her. She got these hair colors that she changes from time to time, which by the way, only she can pull off, most mesmerizing eyes. She's got this spark and passion whenever she speaks, sings, comments on my posts, or sends me messages.

Hayden is just too perfect. Just looking at her now, wearing shorts and a hoodie, she is very simple yet you can see the beauty all over her. She often wears elegantly on her shows, guestings, and interviews, but seeing her right now? I'll be damn.

We are both startled when Caleb pretends to cough and clear his throat. After that, we proceed to our seats.

Caleb was about to speak when my phone rang, I motion him to stop talking and I answered the call. After the call, I sighed.

Problem? Caleb asked.

You can say that.

Tell me.

I looked at him and Hayden, It's ok. Let's just enjoy this meal.

Come on tell me, you know that I will bother and annoy you nonstop till you tell that thing right? Don't mind Hayd, you can trust her. Caleb winked.

I sighed defeated. Fine. It's just normal stuff for me. They always do that, creating PR stunts to destroy my image and reputation. This time they went too far.

What did they do this time?

That I am sleeping with the investors and clients to get them to have business with us. Both of them laughed at what I said. Hey, this is serious. I continued.

I know Peyton, it's just too funny. But did you? Caleb said.

What?

Did you sleep with them?

Of course not!! You know me well Caleb, I never do that. I half yelled.

I know, I know. I just love teasing you, Peyton.

By the way, Taylor decided to take the VP post and wanted to do teaching in NYSM. Everly said.

Oh, that's great to hear. She's back? Caleb asked.

Yes, she's back. I left your car in the lake house. Just get it there whenever you are free. Everly stated and Caleb nodded. Can I go now? Everly added.

Why? They both asked in unison.

I looked at Hayden longer than expected before answering, clearing my throat, because I need to fix this and I have meetings all day? I answered like I am not sure of what I am saying.

Peyton, you're the boss of the bosses, you can re-schedule all your meetings. Spend the day with us.

But-

Just call your secretary to cancel all the meetings today. Caleb cut me off. I looked at Caleb giving him a deadly glare and turned my head to Hayden looking hopeful to cancel my meetings.

I sighed. Fine. I took my phone and call my assistant. Hi, please cancel all my meetings today. Tell them I am sorry and I need to attend and deal with family matters. Thank you. Are you happy now? I looked at Caleb asking him. He just shrugged and smiled, Are you happy now? He said looking at Hayden.

Wha.. what? Wh.. why are you asking me? Hayden stutters and blushes. Charming, I thought to myself. I try to hide a smile forming on my lips.

Kidding! Caleb suddenly shouts and gives us a peace sign. Why did you cancel your meetings? He asked.

Because you told me too. I said in a bored tone.

I know you, Peyton, you will not cancel your important meetings unless it is a matter of life and death, you will not cancel it just because I ask you to. Caleb stated and smirked.

Eh? And what is your point?

You know what I mean. He grinned. And I know someone happy right now. He continued.

Stop talking nonsense, just finish your food, rolling my eyes at him. So, what is the plan for today? I asked looking at both of them.

Caleb stood up kissed Hayden's and my cheek, well, I have to go. I have a meeting to attend that I forgot to cancel. You two figure out what is the plan for today, yeah? Bye. And just like that he disappeared from our sight, Hayden and I looked at each other in disbelief.

--

They feel butterflies. It's a poetic image. Butterflies in their stomach that jump and flutter when her brother and her best friend leave them in the VIP room aren't something that can be controlled. What they can be controlled are their actions.

And it's not just a jittery stomach. It's usually also clammy palms, a racing heart, and an inability to focus on anything but the apple of their eyes. And the absence of these distinctly physical symptoms can be just as telling as their presence because the thought of seeing eye to eye made their heart skip a beat, and felt so nervous that they couldn't speak.

These swoony sensations they recognize as the sign that they were truly into each other. Their brains aren't just pushing the magic buttons to get their heart rate to pump up, or their cheeks turn red because they've detected someone they like close to one another. They are instantly focused and excited by the person they see, but also makes them nervous and a bit cautious.

Monica.
Everly.

They both said in unison.