Love Turns You Upside Down

When you and Caleb get to the wedding tomorrow... Everly started looking at Isabelle.

Mm-hmm. Isabelle said waiting for Everly to continue.

Don't sit down. Everly stated.

What do you mean, don't sit down? Isabelle asked confused.

Just find a place and stand there. Everly said.

Do you want us to stand in the back? Then we won't be able to hear anything. Isabelle replied quickly.

Stand in the damn front. Everly commented rolling her eyes.

And block everybody's view? I mean, if we're... I don't... Isabelle said trying to find her words.

Just pick a spot. You know, it's not complicated. Ugh! Everly said impatiently. You know, people allow you to represent them in court. If they knew you couldn't follow a simple instruction, they would run like the wind from you. Everly added.

Are you... Are you trying to say, "Would you do me the honor of being my bridesmaids?" Taylor interjected.

Does the whole thing have to be about you? Everly said shaking her head. Just put on a dress and don't sit down. She added.

Aww. We're bridesmaids. Isabelle teased.

Oh, don't even... See? Ugh. This is what I was trying to avoid. Everly said.

Isabelle and I both have red dresses. Taylor remarked. Now they're not the same, but they are similar. So it's not like matchy-matchy, but it'll be super cute. She added.

Now which part of my face says I want super cute? Everly replied.

Ohh. Get over it already. It's a wedding. Isabelle said nonchalantly.

You know, everyone's acting like I'm some jittery bride. Maybe I have something to jitter about. Everly said in low voice.

Well... If it's the marriage you're really worried about... You can run. Isabelle burst out.

Excuse me? Everly said with raised eyebrows while Taylor did the same.

Leave her at the altar. It's a clean break. She's so pissed that you stood her up in front of all people, the whole thing is just over. And then you're not wrestling with a relationship that's doomed or tied to someone for the rest of your life. I mean, sure, you love each other now. But the next thing you know, you are cleaning her pee off the ground and going to bed with a foot-wide demilitarized zone down the middle of the bed. Isabelle said in detail. Everly's eyes widened looking at her best friend in disbelief.

Kidding. I'm just kidding. I'm kidding. Isabelle said chuckling. No, it'll be fine. It'll be fine. Yeah, Hayden's the... The best. She is... She is the best... She added.

--

Oh, come on, come on, come on. Oh, straight to voice mail. Caleb said.

Um, we may have, by mistake, said that if she had any doubts, she should flee. Isabelle said facepalm.

What? Caleb asked.

Why? Lucy seconded.

Well, we kind of said that marriage is like a dance of death and that leaving Hayden at the altar would be a painful but efficient out. Taylor explained.

Oh, that's nice. Lucy said in a sarcastic tone shaking her head.

I was joking... And she was nervous, okay? Isabelle stated.

She was nervous. Taylor repeated.

We should call Hayden. Caleb suggested. Peyton has been inside the bathroom for how many hours exactly? He added looking at his girlfriend and cousins.