Chapter 2 - Banished

Here is a pic of what I think Raziel, our rebel angel, would look like! ^^

Raziel's POV

"Yes!" I whisper, doing a little fist pump as the door swings open. I've been trying to get this door opened for over a month! There aren't many doors in heaven that are locked with restricted access given only to the archangels, but this door was one of them. Literally there was only one other door that required this much security to get through and that was the door to God's private palace.

This door however, was the only boring looking door in heaven. Every other door had intricate carvings and was laced with gold or platinum but this one was a plain wooden door. So, of course I was curious! Not to mention it was hidden at the end of a long corridor that is scarcely traversed and you needed special clearance to even enter the corridor.

Like seriously who wouldn't want to know what in holy heaven was in here!

I look around to make sure no one is watching and slip into the door. "Woah!" I have never seen anything like this, and I've been living in heaven for thousands of years. The room opened out into a cloudy sky and in the centre was a giant 3D replica of the earth suspended in mid air.

I reach out and touch it, tracing my finger around North America. It's like I can almost touch the world. I can feel the pavement, the trees and the temperatures as they change slightly from place to place. I touch the Atlantic ocean and chuckle when I pull back my finger to find it wet.

"What is this room?" I murmur as I move further into the room. I slowly make my way around the earth replica, running my finger around it as I go.

"Hey pink star, it's me, Kai." I jump at the sudden sound of the voice. It is crystal clear like he's speaking directly into my ear. I try my hardest to block him out.

"Father angels!" I exclaim as I crash into some shelves that I swear weren't there before! They start shaking and the bottles on them shake with it, threatening to crash into the earth replica. I quickly spread my wings, flying up to catch five of the bottles that are about to collide with the 3D earth. I quickly place them back on the shelf.

"The Spanish flu?" I read the label of one of the bottles. "What the angels is this room?"

Out of the corner of my eyes I see a tiny vile tipping over and immediately reach out to grab it but not before a drop of the liquid escapes the bottle and falls onto the earth replica.

An ear piercing siren instantly sounds. I hurriedly put the bottle on the shelf and fly towards the door through which I entered. Before I reach it, the door flies open and I am surrounded by 3 archangels; Gabriel, Raphael and Uriel.

Raphael glares at me and shoves me out of the room, while Gabriel flashes me a disappointed look. I am taken into God's private palace and locked into one of the many rooms there. I sigh and sit on the bed. I don't have to wait long before I am being escorted to God.

"Kneel," Uriel commands. I roll my eyes but kneel anyway.

"Raziel!" God's voice boomed, vibrating through every bone in my body and causing the walls of the palace to shake. I force myself not to roll my eyes at his obvious show of power.

"I guess I should be happy since they didn't hit me today." Kai's voice continues in my ear. I swear this kid has the worst timing! I force his voice to the back of my head again.

"Do you even know what you've done! You released a plague on earth that killed 1,023 people!" God continued. Oh so that's what that drop of liquid did. Yikes! 

My eyes widen but other than that my face remains neutral. It was an accident but heaven has killed way more people than that so this is barely a drop in the bucket.

"It's only 1,023 people. They're still over 7 billion people left." I reply with a shrug.

As soon as those words leave my mouth I feel the anger rippling from God's body so I'm not surprised when his hand crushes through the arm of the chair he is sitting in.

"You have no respect for human lives! When I decide to take a life it is not without plan, boy! I do not mindlessly kill people as you have done and you don't even seem remorseful!" God is seething with anger which has everyone in the room on edge. Even I flinch at his harsh tone.

Well technically if one of his beloved humans didn't start talking in my ear I wouldn't have been startled and crashed into the shelves!

"Boyfriends are required to give cuddles right?" Kai's voice echoes in my ear. How in the paradise is he not done yet!

The irritation is clear in God's voice as he continues. "You've been causing trouble for centuries! Giving all the food at once to all the pet fish of the world." Well you shouldn't have made them dumb enough to eat all the food at once and not ration it!

"Switching all the marshmallows with cotton balls in Washington." But that was hilarious! The look on the tiny humans' faces as they realized it was cotton balls was priceless.

"I also have a lot of homework tonight since I procrastinated a little." Kai's voice continues, drowning out God's. I almost snicker at that. Kai almost always procrastinates.

"Ok a lot! No judging!" Kai exclaims and I almost lose my composure. Now that sounds more like Kai.

A few months ago he started praying to me, or well talking to my star would be more accurate. His voice was very faint at the beginning but over time as he only focused on my star it got a lot clearer until it felt like he was speaking directly into my ear. 

I always try to ignore him but despite my best efforts I can remember everything he's ever told me. I can very easily pinpoint his voice in the sea of humans that all angels hear and I seriously hate that. In fact I don't like humans at all!

God finally finished listing my misdeeds. "You are a great warrior and your healing powers are second to none but I can no longer give you free passes. You are hereby banished from heaven." I open my mouth to protest but reconsider it after the look God shoots me. "You are not to return to heaven until you have learnt the value of human life. Now fall. Live among the humans you seem to despise."

Heaven immediately starts fading away as I begin plummeting to earth. I tumble in the air as I feel my wings being ripped from my back. I scream out in pain. It feels like every cell in my body is being ripped apart. It's excruciating.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow!" Kai's voice says in my ear. It's almost a whisper as the wind howls in my ears and I plunge to the ground.

Tough luck kid, you won't be able to see my star tomorrow. The last thing I heard before I black out from the pain is a mournful, "no." 

What did you think of this chapter? What did you think about Raziel? And heaven? And how he was banished from heaven? 

If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote and/ or leave comments! ❤