Chapter 19 - Hollow

Here is a picture of what I think Lance would look like ^^

Kai's POV

"Grrrrr." The low rumbling of my stomach causes me to stir from my slumber and I start to roll over on the soft bed so that I can cuddle with Raziel.

"Wait! No you'll-"

A startled scream escapes me as I fall flat on my back, my fall being cushioned by what feels like a fluffy rug. Trying to clear the fog from my sleepy brain and figure out what's going on, my eyes shoot open. "AAAAAAAAHHHH! WHO ARE YOU!" I yell at the ghastly boy leaning over me. I immediately sit up and my head passes right through his resulting in a biting cold sensation that makes my skin crawl.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" I shriek, scurrying to the other end of the room to get as far away from the boy as possible. Why did my head pass through his instead of colliding with it? My eyes widen in shock. "Ghost?" I murmur, pressing my back against the wall.

"Yes, I'm a ghost of sorts but I promise I'm friendly! My name is Lance," the boy says, sitting cross legged on the rug where he terrified me a few seconds ago.

Why is there a ghost here? Am I still at Zorander's? But most importantly, where's Raziel? "Raziel," I mumble, scanning the room in hopes of finding him.

"Declan is doing something stupid so I begged Raziel to help. He and Zorander went to find him. Raziel told me I should stay here with you. What's your name?" Lance the ghost replies.

I rub my eyes before looking at the ghost again. Hmm he's kind of cute. I giggle and shuffle a little closer to him, tilting my head curiously. Despite his olive skin and black long sleeved t-shirt, he appears almost transparent. He has a light grey, glowing outline around his body and he seems to hover slightly above the rug instead of actually touching it.

"I'm Kai," I reply with a smile. Is my life just filled with angels, demons and ghosts now? This is so exciting! I love the supernatural and now that I've overcome my initial apprehension I have so many questions!

"Why are you a ghost? Why can I see you? Does everyone become a ghost after they die? What cool ghost powers do you have?" My questions come out rushed and high pitched and I subconsciously move closer to Lance while I'm talking so that now I'm sitting directly in front of him.

Lance lets out a tiny giggle. "You get excited just like me! People always complain and tell me to slow down," Lance says with a pout.

"Me too!" I exclaim excitedly.

Lance giggles again. "I like you! I think we can be friends!" Lance all but shouts. "Only if you want though!" I giggle and nod excitedly and Lance smiles in return. "I can only appear to Declan and recently he has been ignoring my presence a lot," he adds after a moment. His smile fades and his face contorts in pain.

I reach out to touch his arm in an attempt to comfort him but shriek as my hand passes through him and an ice cold sensation spreads over my arm. He giggles before saying, "I think I have some questions to answer!"

I giggle again, nodding enthusiastically and rubbing my hand in an attempt to warm it before making myself comfortable on the couch. "Ok, I'm ready! Tell me everything!"

Lance giggles before gliding onto the couch next to me. "Ok! I'll start with why you can see me. Raziel gave you the ability to see the supernatural world before he left! Isn't that cool! Now you can see me and the auras of other supernatural creatures!"

"That's so cool! Are there more than just angels, demons and ghosts? Are all the auras different?" I inquire, trying to contain my excitement.

"Hollows also exist, they're ghosts that become trapped on earth and they have red auras. Demons have black auras, ghosts have grey auras and angels can have any colour except black, red and grey, although I think that most angels have white or gold auras," Lance explains.