Chapter 22 - Sweet Torture

Here is a pic of how Kai likes his coffee ^^

Raziel's POV

I watch as my adorable human yawns for the tenth time while drinking the vile, black liquid that he calls coffee. I don't know how he can drink that! It's so disgusting and bitter! I had to eat seventeen strawberries just to get rid of the taste! Or it might have been because I really like strawberries but coffee is awful!

Kai yawns again and takes another gulp of his coffee. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept you up so late," I tell him, dragging my chair closer to his and wrapping him in my embrace. I plant a kiss on his temple and Kai smiles into his mug so I kiss him again.

Of course he's tired! After taking him on a physically exhausting date, he met a demon and a hollow which had to be mentally exhausting. Not to mention I asked him about meeting with one of his bullies, and on top of that, we stayed up late talking. That was an intense day for a human, especially when he has school the next day.

"I'm sorry I bombarded you with so much yesterday! And I'm sorry that demon stayed after our date and that I left you alone while you were sleeping and you had to wake up and see a hollow," I apologize while pressing tender kisses to his temple and cheek every few seconds. "Holy heavens! And I'm sorry I gave you the ability to see the supernatural world without your permission! I can take it away if you'd like."

That must have been terrifying, especially for him to be able to see Zorander's threatening aura and feel the full extent of his terror. "I really haven't been good to you," I whisper. 

For the first time I'm starting to doubt whether me coming into Kai's life was a good thing. He was starting to make friends and he even had a suitor, that pesky human, Jax. Maybe a normal human life away from the supernatural is what he needs.

Kai puts down his mug and pivots so that he is facing me. He smiles sleepily at me. His eyes are half closed and his glossy pink lips are pulled up into a magnificent smile. His silky pink hair hangs down over his forehead and his head is tilted upwards in the cutest possible way. He's stunning.

My lips automatically curve up into a smile but it quickly fades. Kai has done so much for me while all I've done is bring chaos into his life and caused him to be sleep deprived. I even made him cry.

Kai gently places one of his hands on either side of my head and seductively brings his head closer to mine. My smile instantly returns and I close my eyes in anticipation of feeling his lush lips on mine.

"What-" My eyes flash open when instead of a kiss, I feel Kai vigorously shaking my head. "Kai! What are you doing?" I manage to get out, trying to stiffen my neck so that my head would stop shaking like the Spiderman bobblehead doll in Kai's car.

"I'm just shaking out those silky thoughts," Kai says in complete seriousness. He is still trying to shake my head, which is no longer budging as I have regained complete control over it.

I give Kai a quizzical look. "What are you talking about?"

"All the apologizing and the 'I really haven't been good to you' talk. It's all silly nonsense. I'm glad I can talk to you and ask questions about whatever I want. I was happy I got to meet Zorander and Lance, and I am psyched about being able to see the supernatural world!" Kai has a soft smile on his lips and he moves his hands from my face to interlock them with mine. "Sure my life has been a bit hectic since I met you, and I had a lot thrown at me over the last few days, but I wouldn't change a thing. I'm happy, happier than I have been in a long time."

A wide smile spreads across my face, and my heart feels like it's soaring through the skies at his words, but I want to be sure that I am what he wants. "Are you sure you wouldn't rather be with," I pause, trying to force the blood boiling name out of my mouth. "Jax?"