Chapter 35 - 1,023

Raziel's POV

"Raz!" Kai exclaims, jumping on me. His soft lips brush, ever so lightly over my eyelids before I feel them brush against my lips.

Despite the fact that my head feels like someone is taking a sledgehammer to my skull, his actions result in a slight quirk of my mouth.

"I'm up," I murmur, pulling him towards me and wrapping him in my arms. My eyes flutter open, squinting against the blinding light. It takes a few seconds for them to adjust but when they do, Kai's piercing, sky-blue eyes are staring back at me, and a wide smile spreads across my face. "Hello, my beautiful human."

Kai beams and releases the cutest little giggle before pressing his lips to mine. He, however, doesn't deepen the kiss like I hope and quickly pulls away. "You taste like beer." The most adorable pout forms on his face, and he giggles when I nuzzle into his neck.

"Let's just stay in bed. Kai my head feels like it's going to explode," I whine, snuggling closer to him. Kai giggles harder and rubs soothing circles on my back.

"I think you have a hangover."

"The party and the drinking was fun, but I don't like this headache, take it away," I say, enjoying Kai's refreshing hint of vanilla and petrichor, after it rains, smell.

Kai presses a kiss to the top of my head and whispers, "I'll make you something to eat. Food should help."

Right on cue, my stomach rumbles, causing a string of amused giggles to escape Kai. He kisses my forehead and wriggles out of my embrace, and I drag myself out of bed and into the shower, catching a glimpse of the time on the way.

My eyes widen when I notice that the clock says that it's two thirty in the afternoon. A warm, fuzzy feeling spreads over me when I realise that Kai let me sleep for the entire morning. He really is the best mate I could have ever wished for.

By the time I'm showered and dressed, the pounding in my head is reduced to a persistent knocking.

Kai returns to my room with breakfast, and he sets it on the bed before climbing under the duvet. I grin as I gaze at my adorable human. The only things that can be seen above the blanket are his eyes and his fluffy, pink hair.

I crawl into bed next to him and pull down the duvet so I can capture his lips with mine. He readily obliges and eagerly pounces on my lips, releasing a soft moan as his dainty hands slip under my shirt to caress my abs.

Much to my displeasure, we are interrupted by a loud rumble from my stomach. Kai giggles and replaces his lips with a forkful of eggs. The delightful food melts in my mouth and is enough to distract me from my earlier displeasure.

Kai and I eat the food he made, which consists of eggs, toast, watermelon and berry smoothies, while I give Kai a detailed account of the game King's Cup which I played with some senior students at the party last night. I really did have a lot of fun and would be willing to go to another party once I forget how much my head hurts.

When we're finished eating, we wash the dishes, then Kai and I snuggle in his bed, giggling and chatting about the silliest things.

"Kai," I murmur against his hair sometime later. He hums a response and I continue, "I heard you talking to Declan yesterday, and you sounded upset that I didn't tell you why I was banished."

His head snaps towards me so fast I thought it might break his neck. "Are you going to tell me now?"

I nod, and Kai's face lights up. I decide to leave out the part about how Kai's voice startled me because it's irrelevant to the story. I'm the only one who knows this was the case, and there is no benefit in upsetting him. Kai's kindness knows no bounds, and if I tell him about that part, he will simply blame himself when that is the last thing I want. What happened was completely my fault, and it's about time I fully own my mistake.