Chapter 10 - Forgive Me

Here is a pic of Kai's bedroom ^^

Raziel's POV

I messed up. By the angels, I messed up. I don't even know how things got so messed up.

Kai said that if I kissed him he would forgive me for making a mess of his kitchen. I was so shocked that I just blurted out if he was serious and I let my contempt for the human race seep into my voice.

The problem isn't Kai, it's his inferior race and him asking me to kiss him is the equivalent of asking me to spend the rest of my life with him. So of course I was shocked! If he wasn't human I wouldn't have even hesitated.

I was about to apologize when his face contorted like I punched him and it felt like someone was ripping my heart out.

I tried to talk to him but he turned away. I tried again and he fled to his room. I staggered after him once I got my feet cooperating. Music was blazing from his room, but above that I heard the sound of him crying.

Even though he's a lonely kid he hardly ever cried and I came into his life for just over forty eight hours and made him cry. How could I have done that to him? It felt like the walls of the corridor were closing in as I slumped to the ground outside his room. I clutched my chest and felt the gnawing pain in my heart grow with his intensifying sobs.

The doorbell sounded a few minutes later and I stumbled to the door. I had never felt such pain. Even all the injuries I've sustained in the wars couldn't compare to the pain I felt from hearing Kai cry. The human who came to the door gave me a paper bag and I took it to the messy kitchen and opened it to find some sort of food.

Kai ordered me food.

I remember seeing something wet fall onto the paper bag followed by another drop of something wet. I touched my face to find that the wetness was coming from there.

I walked back upstairs and sat on the floor outside Kai's door, the wetness continuing to leak from my eyes. I wiped my face and stood up when I heard Kai coming towards the door. I caught him when he stumbled but he yanked his hand away from me and stomped away.

He said something about my lunch but all I wanted was to find out if he wasn't going to eat. He ignored me and told me harshly to give him some space. I watched him drive away and that was two hours ago.

It's freezing but I haven't been able to move from this spot for the past two hours. Another human came to give me another paper bag an hour ago. I still clutch that bag in my hand.

My eyes are broken. They won't stop leaking even though angels don't cry. My chest feels tight and I haven't been able to hear Kai's voice since he left. Like I suspected, my ability to hear him as if he was talking directly into my ear must have been linked to my wings.

This morning marked forty eight hours since I lost my wings and fell to earth so the reminisce of power from my wings have officially ended. Consequently, I have become vulnerable to the element, and Kai's voice was also no longer double the volume when in close proximity to him, and I can no longer hear him from far away.

I don't know if he's okay. For the first time since I came to earth, I can't hear him and it feels like something is missing.

I should go inside. My body is currently susceptible to hunger, tiredness and coldness; all of which I am feeling strongly right now but they're nothing compared to the pain I feel for hurting Kai. I don't deserve any comfort until I see him smiling again, until I hear him giggling again, until I see joy in his eyes again.

Another three hours and another food delivery later and I'm still standing in the driveway. Now I'm holding two paper bags, my body is shivering, my teeth are chattering and my eyes are leaking.