Chapter 36 - Welcome to Hell

This is one of the few chapters where I had a lot to of images to share! I hope you'll enjoy the chapter!

Raziel's POV

"You're going to Hell now!" Kai exclaims, pacing up and down Zorander's living room.

Over the weekend, Zorander and I agreed to move up the trial run to Hell, and we settled on going on Monday after school. Unfortunately, I didn't get much alone time with Kai once his father showed up on Saturday evening, so Kai was only now finding out about our plans.

Harvey was true to his word and treated Kai and me to an all you can eat sushi buffet which was absolutely delicious, but his presence meant that I didn't get to sleep in the same bed with Kai and that Kai paid more attention to his father than me. I wasn't complaining though. I was happy that at least one of the brothers was trying to mend their relationship with their father.

"Yes, it'll be a quick trip, just to see what it's like for Zorander to transport me to Hell," I reply, holding out my arms to Kai, who sits on my lap and snuggles into my embrace as soon as he notices my outstretched arms.

"So you're not going all the way to the gateway today?" Kai's voice comes out muffled since his head is buried in the crook of my neck.

"No. I'll show Raziel where it is, and we'll walk a short distance so he can get used to the feeling of being transported. I've heard it can be jarring for angels and demons who aren't bonded to each other." Zorander frowns. "I returned to Hell to check for the gateway yesterday. It's still there, but there's another complication. You'll see when we get there."

Kai's grip around my waist tightens, and I plant a kiss in his hair before nodding in response to Zorander's comment.

After a little while, Kai lifts his head and peeks around the room. "Raz? Why is there a tarp laid out in the middle of the room?" he whispers, pointing to the large, thick but transparent sheet on the floor. Zorander's coffee table is pushed to the side of the room and all the chairs are positioned right up against the walls to make room for the tarp.

"It's for the human sacrifice," Zorander snarls, his beady eyes flashing completely black as his lips curve up into a malicious smile.

Kai sucks in a sharp breath, and I hear a spike in his heartbeat. I'm about to scold Zorander for scaring him when Kai says, "What's the tarp really for?"

Zorander snickers. The slight quirk of his eyebrows is the only indication that he's impressed with Kai for not believing him, and the demon gets up from his chair and moves towards the tarp after grabbing a golden skull bowl. 

Here is a photo of what the golden skull bowl would look like ^^

"It's a nightmare getting blood out of the grooves of the tiles, so this is much easier," he mutters, dipping his fingers into the bowl. When he pulls it out, his fingers are coated in a thick, dark red substance which he starts smearing onto the tarp.