Chapter 34 - Maybe He Hates Me

Disclaimer: I am not condoning underaged or irresponsible drinking. The drinking age in my country is sixteen and in some other countries that is also the legal drinking age for the alcohols mentioned in this chapter. With that in mind, all the characters that will be consuming alcohol in this chapter are seventeen or older. 

Kai's POV

"I brought you a chair," Jax says, setting a plastic chair down behind me and sitting in another one.

My lips curve up into a smile, and I thank him and sit before my eyes drift back over to my boyfriend. Raziel and Declan just scored their first point in beer pong and are celebrating.

"You and Raziel are pretty cute together," Jax states after a minute, and I gasp, immediately turning to face him. He releases a nervous laugh before taking a deep breath. "I think I should stop thinking that you two will break up and you'll go out with me. I'm sorry I was pushy. I really will try to get over you, and I wish you nothing but happiness."

"Thank you, Jax. That means a lot, and I hope you'll find happiness too," I say as a wide smile spreads across my face. Jax returns my smile, and we both return our attention to the beer pong game unfolding before us.

"Yes!" Declan cheers, after sinking the ball into Ayaan and Milan's cup. He holds out his hand to high five Raziel, and Raziel frowns at the raised hand. Declan laughs it off, and I watch as he teaches Raziel how to respond to this gesture.

My angel grins and walks over to me, staggering slightly as he approaches. "Kai! Kai! Look at what I learned!" He holds out his hand, and I giggle and give him a high five.

"We don't have all night, Raziel," Milan yells, giggling and clinging to Ayaan's arm. Raziel rolls his eyes and pecks my cheek before returning to the table.

"Raziel is cute when smiles. He's always scowling at school," Jax says, and he chuckles and raises his hands when I turn to glare at him. "Don't worry, I know he's yours. I don't think Raziel has eyes for anyone but you. The world could be on fire and I don't think he'd care as long as he's with you."

A tiny giggle escapes me, and I refocus on the game just as Raziel turns to wave at me.

"What's the deal with that curly haired boy? The one that hugged you when he came in?" I peek at Jax to find his gaze focused on Declan with a look of interest. "Is he single?"

"He's single as far as I know, but there's someone who has been in love with him for a long time, and I'm really rooting for them." A frown forms on my face by the time I'm finished talking as I realise that I'm actually not entirely sure if Declan is interested in guys.

Jax releases an exasperated sigh. "Wow, is my type taken guys or something?"

I giggle and Jax joins in as well. We spend the next few minutes watching the beer pong game and chatting about school. Jax cheers for Milan and Ayaan while I, of course, cheer for Raziel and Declan. Raziel's team wins and now word has spread of Raziel being some sort of beer pong guru and heavy weight drinker.

Some students that I don't know approach Declan and Raziel and after talking to them for a few minutes, Raziel excuses himself and heads towards me.

"I'm going to find Hunter, I'm not sure where he disappeared to, later Kai," Jax says and leaves just as Raziel reaches me.

He plops down onto the chair Jax just vacated. "Kai, parties are so much fun! Those humans want to play King's Cup with me. Do you want to play?" I shake my head, and he sulks for a second before continuing. "I'll miss you, but I really want to play, so I'll be over there playing with them." He points to the corner of the room where a few people are wiping a table and setting up some plastic chairs around it.