Chapter 25 - This is Awkward

Here is a picture of what I think Declan's mother would look like. ^^

Kai's POV

Lance and I animatedly fill in Declan about how we met on the way to the hospital. Every time I catch a glimpse of Declan in the rearview mirror he seems completely bewildered and on the verge of freaking out, so when we arrive at the hospital, Declan is all too ready to ditch the angel and the demon.

I pay the outstanding fees as soon as we arrive at the hospital and request that Declan's mother is moved to a private room. Now we are waiting for her to be moved so that we can go in and see her.

I gently stroke my angel's cheek who seems a bit jittery. He immediately turns towards me and smiles before placing a chaste kiss on my lips. The smile however doesn't fully reach his eyes and now I definitely know that something is wrong. "Raz? Are you okay?" I whisper, adjusting myself so that my entire body is facing him.

"Don't worry about me, my sweet human," Raziel responds, reaching out to squeeze my hand before intertwining our fingers. I can't help the warm, fuzzy feeling that spreads through me at the fact that he called me his for the third time now!

"Tell me," I say, gently stroking the back of his hand.

Raziel sighs. "They're too many sick people around. Not only am I a warrior but I'm also an angel of healing so being around this many sick people is making me want to heal all of them. But I can't cure a hospital full of people, it would draw too much attention to the heavenly realm which is highly frowned upon."

"Raz! Why didn't you say something! You can wait outside!" I exclaim, trying to shoo my angel.

"I'm handling it, don't worry," Raziel immediately replies and kisses the back of my hand.

I turn towards the demon who is making scary faces at a child across the room except that the child finds it funny and can't stop giggling. "Zorander, can you take my stubborn boyfriend outside?" I ask. The demon makes one more face at the child which elicits another giggle and Zorander sighs defeatedly before turning towards me.

"Sure thing," he replies with a shrug and then glances over to Raziel. "Do I have to drag you out or are you going to come willingly?"

Raziel scoffs and makes no attempt to move. "As if you could."

Zorander rolls his eyes but other than that remains silent.

"I'll be okay, if that's what you're worried about," I say gently, drawing Raziel's attention back to me. "Please Raz, I don't want you to be uncomfortable because of me. I'll be fine!"

Raziel very reluctantly gives me a curt nod before hugging me tightly and standing up. He looks at Declan with a cold stare. "If anything happens to Kai while I'm not here I'm holding you personally responsible." Declan gulps and nods vigorously.

"I'll be back in a heartbeat should you need me, I promise," Raziel says cupping my cheeks. He gives me a deep kiss that leaves me swooning before walking towards the exit, closely followed by Zorander.

Now that I'm alone with Declan I can feel a sense of uneasiness sinking in.

"This is awkward," Lance, who I forgot was there, mutters.

Declan lets out a nervous chuckle. "Yeah it kind of is," he says, playing with the zipper of his dark grey hoodie. "So how did you meet an angel and a demon?" He asks after another moment of silence.

"I met Raziel on Friday night after he healed me and-"

"I'm sorry," Declan says for what I swear is the hundredth time.