Chapter 28 - A Bad Father

Here is a picture of what I think Kai's father would look like ^^

Raziel's POV

"What the hell is going on here?" The stranger, who Kai called dad, shouts.

Kai's father's greenish blue eyes carry the rage of the seven seas and my human's face becomes devoid of emotions at his harsh, ice cold tone. I almost smile at having solved the mystery of where my human got that icy tone of his from.

As I take in my human's father's appearance, I can also see where Kai got his good looks. His father's well groomed salt and pepper beard compliments his angular jaw and thin lips. His dark brown hair which has a few specs of grey sprinkled in looks just as soft as Kai's and tiny laugh lines can be seen around the corners of his eyes.

"Dad, this is my boyfriend Raziel, Raz, this is my dad Harvey," Kai introduces us in a calm tone. Despite his calm demeanour, his heart rate is elevated and I can feel his fear. Why is my human scared? I rack my brain for anything Kai might have said to my star that could result in him being scared of his father but find nothing.

Nevertheless, I intertwine our fingers and gently pull my human behind me. Kai immediately squeezes my hand and I almost yelp at the sheer force that he uses. He however moves from behind me and stares at his father who is looking back and forth between us with a barely noticeable look of curiosity.

"Why didn't you answer any of my calls?" Harvey mutters, trying to mask the hurt in his voice.

"Why didn't you help Declan?" Kai instantly responds in an accusatory tone.

Harvey sucks in a shaky breath. "Kai, I thought I was doing the right thing. But I saw you helped him anyway."

Kai squares his shoulders and sticks out his chin. "I did. He's your son and my brother and his mother was dying. I had to help and you know mom would have helped too." Harvey's jaw ticks at Kai's comment but his eyes waver and I can tell that he has already accepted that Kai is right. "I also gave him a credit card and told him that he can get whatever he wants with it." Harvey continues to stare at Kai as if trying to solve an unsolvable puzzle and the room lapses into silence.

I use my other hand to gently stroke the back of Kai's hand; mostly to help soothe him but partially to get him to loosen the death grip he currently has on me. This movement catches his father's eyes and his gaze drifts down to our hands.

"You're gay?" Harvey says, as he continues to eye our hands. "And you have a boyfriend?"

My human's heart is pounding with quick, erratic beats and his hand that is latched onto mine is becoming unusually moist. Harvey's eyes flicker up to Kai's face and he raises an eyebrow. Kai stops breathing. I look over at him in concern and I notice that my human looks a lot paler than usual. Why isn't he breathing! My kisses always seem to relax him, so I press a kiss to his temple.

Kai breathes out slowly. Thank heavens! He's breathing again!

"Yes," Kai says in a tone that dares his father to object.

Harvey crosses his arms. "No. You can't have a boyfriend." His tone could once again freeze the Antarctic.

"Why? Should I have a girlfriend then?" Kai shoots back, glaring at his father.

Confusion flashes across Harvey's face before he lets out a dry chuckle. "I don't have a problem with you being gay Kai but you're too young to be dating."

Kai seems to relax a little at his father's words and he eases some of the pressure on my hand to which I am truly grateful. Kai rolls his eyes. "I'm seventeen."