Chapter 16 - Something Humany

Here is a picture of what I think Zorander would look like ^^

This chapter starts after Raziel eats lunch in the cafeteria with Kai and his newfound friends but before their date in the evening.

Raziel's POV

"Demon!" I yell as I slam Zorander's office door shut; he doesn't even look up from his papers. "I have a problem! I'm being threatened by a human!"

Zorander lets out a throaty laugh. "And what is this to me? You do know I have a school to run."

I slump down in the chair opposite him. "Yes, but I'm sure my personal turmoil is more interesting than staring at your papers," I mutter sulkily.

"Valid point." Zorander smirks and gestures for me to continue.

"My human is being pursued by another." I let out an exasperated sigh. I hate Jax! Pesky human!

"I don't see how that's a problem. Surely you would have connected a bond after they declared their undying love for you. You know how limiting bonds with humans are," Zorander drawls.

"He's only known me for two days," I reply sheepishly.

Zorander's laughter booms through the air and his usually bored to death, black eyes sparkle with amusement.

"This isn't funny!" I exclaim, crossing my arms. Zorander only laughs harder.

"This certainly is better than paperwork," Zorander forces out through laughter.

I glare at his irritating face which only seems to spur on another fit of laughter. "I think it's time to banish you," I say through gritted teeth, my angelic aura pulsing.

Zorander immediately stops laughing. "I should get back to my paperwork then." His voice cracks but he still has that stupid smirk on his face.

I groan and rub my forehead. "Fine, laugh all you want."

I literally watch the annoying demon laugh at me for the next five minutes before it seems like he has gotten it out of his system. "Are you done?" I question, glaring at him.

"Why did you connect the bond so early?" Zorander says trying and failing to contain his amusement.

I let out an exasperated sigh. "He's just so cute and kind and perfect. How could I resist him? I thought it was possible that I would eventually want to connect a bond with him but I didn't think that it would happen so soon! It's just that I upset him and because he was upset I actually thought I was going to die from heartache! Then I stood out in the cold for hours waiting fo-" I am interrupted by ﹰZorander's laughter yet again.

"Happy I can entertain you," I mutter and glare at him.

"Continue, please. This is highly entertaining," Zorander says with a huge smile plastered to his face. I narrow my eyes. He's way too amused by this situation.

"When I woke up after passing out he kissed me and I just knew that it was time. I wanted him; I needed to make him mine. I just couldn't resist him any longer so I pulled him back to me and kissed him."

"And you've only known him for two days?" Zorander inquires, disbelief evident in his voice.

"I met him on Friday night but he's been talking to my star for months," I reply and Zorander hums a response.

After a brief moment of silence, Zorander suddenly gets a murderous gleam in his eyes. "I could get rid of the human pursuing your human. It's been a really long time since I've killed," Zorander says, licking his lips in anticipation.