Chapter 44 - An Enjoyable Lunch

Kai's POV

I suck in a deep breath as I shift in my car seat. My eyes are closed and my hands are clasped under my chin. "Hi Gabriel, this is Kai Baros again. I hope from what I've told you over the last week that you have decided to help us. I know Raziel has been trying to contact you as well, I hope you'll hear him out too."

I've prayed to Gabriel everyday for the past week. Raziel told me that while he was in Heaven, he could only hear my voice when I spoke out loud to him, and he said it should work the same with Gabriel as long as I focus on the archangel. So far, neither of us have gotten a response from Gabriel, but we're both still trying.

"Lance's only crime was that he loved too much. Declan would have been even more of a mess if Lance never returned to earth or even if he left after his year was up. I'm almost sure he would have been in jail had it not been for Lance's influence. Lance did everything he could to keep him out of trouble, and he shouldn't be punished for loving Declan unconditionally.

"Melkopnius is still in a lot of pain. Raziel isn't able to heal them, and they're a dear friend. They're very important to Zorander and have been becoming increasingly important to my life and Raziel's. So please help them.

"And while I have you, if you could help Raziel get his wings back, that would be awesome. Raziel isn't the same Raziel that you might have known. He treats me like I'm the most precious person in the world. He cares about my mundane life and even scolded me when I skipped school. I think he deserves a second chance and I know that Raziel would never do anything like what he did ever again. Thank you for listening to all of my prayers, Gabriel." I have no idea if he heard any of them, but I can only hope. "I really hope you'll help us."

I sigh and open my eyes before turning on the engine and heading home. Hopefully Gabriel has decided to help, if not, I'll pray to him again in the morning.

My dad calls on my way home and we catch up. Our relationship has gotten much better over the past few weeks; he hasn't visited much but we talk at least twice a week. Although he and Raziel now get along really well, his relationship with Declan is still a bit rocky.

Declan is at least talking to him now, but the two of them having a conversation is like trying to mix water and oil. It just doesn't happen. They both, however, are trying so I think that with time and continued effort they'll get along.

Once I park the car in the garage, I grab all the grocery bags from the car, suppressing a squeak when one of the bags tumbles to the floor. "That's what I get for not making two trips," I mumble before pouting and hurrying inside.

"Kai?" Raziel calls out moments before his head pops into the room. "What are all these bags? Why didn't you wake me?" He grins and pecks my lips once he takes all of the bags from me.

"It's food for my angel and you looked so peaceful," I say with a tiny giggle before heading back into the garage to pick up the bag which fell earlier.

When I enter the kitchen, Raziel is stuffing a handful of grapes into his mouth. Those and strawberries are his favourite fruits, and I have to restock them once every two to three days to keep up with how quickly he eats them.

He rushes towards me and takes the bag from my hand, and I can't resist poking his stuffed cheeks. "Such a cute squirrel," I coo as I poke them again.

Raziel grins, and I giggle when I see the purple skin of the grapes suck to one of his teeth. "I'd be the world's biggest squirrel!"

I giggle harder and press a kiss to each of his cheeks before going to put away the groceries. He follows and after putting down the bag, he pops a few more grapes into his mouth.