Chapter 50 - The Golden Fruit

Kai's POV

Raziel stops outside of a light pink door and dumps the apples in his arms into a white basket next to the door before holding it out for me to do the same. He grins, wraps his arm around my waist and opens the door, guiding me inside. "Welcome to my corner of Heaven!"

I gasp as I take in the massive room before me. The room is probably bigger than my entire house and there are three distinct sections. My eyes are drawn to the soft sound of gushing water. I look to the right, noticing a large, crystal-clear waterfall surrounded by pink and white lilies. The lilies line both sides of the waterfall and some are also growing on top of the many grey stones placed around the base of the waterfall.

We hear a loud purr followed by a splash as Snow Cone flops into the shallow pool at the base of the waterfall. I giggle and approach the fall to find them swimming around in circles and doing flips underwater.

"I think Snow Cone likes it here." I stick my hand into the water and they swim closer to me so I can pet them. I scratch their head, receiving a loud purr in response.

I remove my hand from the water and the Kattichthys starts swimming again, their big gold eyes sparkling with amusement. Raziel follows me as I walk towards a giant, white bed which looks like it's the size of four king sized beds joined together. On top of it is a large, fluffy duvet and several pillows which look like big marshmallows.

"Why is there a window up there?" I point to the high wall opposite the bed which is filled with white lilies save for a round window near the top.

"Why don't we go up and see?" Raziel wraps his arms around me in a back hug and kisses my neck before a bubble encloses us and we start floating upwards, coming to a stop when we're in line with the window. "That red roof over there is where Gabriel lives."

"What about Saphael and Uriel?"

Raziel is silent for a moment before he points to the tip of a white roof just behind one of the many gold statues. "That one is Saphael's and Uriel's can't be seen from here."

"Is that a Kattichthys!" I point to a light blue streak in the distance leaping out of the water and twirling as it glides through the air before plunging back into the depths of the water.

I feel Raziel nod against my neck before his lips brush against my shoulder. We enjoy the calming sound of the waterfall as we gaze out at the picturesque view for a few more minutes.

"Shall we go see the rest of my quarters?" Raziel asks.

The bubble pops as we land on the ground a few seconds later. Raziel removes his winter jacket and takes mine from me, tossing them onto the corner of the bed before intertwining our hands. A smile lights up his face as he tugs me towards the left side of the room. "This is my favourite part of my quarters!"

The side of the room opposite the waterfall has blades and knives of all shapes, sizes and colours on the walls. Rows of axes, hammers, nunchucks and other weapons are in portable stands separating the training area from a breathtaking indoor pond at the back of the room.

"I can use all of these weapons! Want to see?" I find myself smiling and nodding from the sheer excitement in his voice.

Raziel releases an excited squeal and pecks my lips before releasing my hand and walking towards the wall. He pushes a part of the grey wall and it recedes into the floor being replaced by a wall filled with bows and arrows, boomerangs and shurikens. "What do you want to see first!"

"Umm the ninja stars! I've never seen them in person."

Raziel picks up three shurikens; a black, a white and a pink and brings them to me. "The pink one is my favourite! It gains four extra blades when you throw it! Be careful, it's sharp."