Chapter 12 - The Kai Tattoo

Here is a picture of Raziel's new tattoo ^^

Raziel's POV

I feel around in the bed trying to find Kai. My eyes flash open when I don't feel him near me. Now that I'm no longer trying to resist him, I am all for snuggles, hugs and lots of kisses. He's mine and I need to make sure he knows it. But where is he?

I frown and open his bedroom door but smile when I hear him singing. I follow his voice to the kitchen and chuckle when I find him standing in front of the sink doing the cutest dance while he washes the dishes.

I watch him for a few more seconds before I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist. He jumps and shrieks before relaxing into my arms. I bend down to kiss Kai's cheek before burying my nose in his neck breathing in his tantalizing smell.

He giggles and turns around after finishing up the dishes and drying his hands. I am taken aback by his positively radiant smile and after ogling at him for a few seconds I return his smile. He reaches up and links his arms around my neck. "Good morning angel," he whispers before getting up on his tip toes and pressing a chaste kiss to my lips.

He wriggles out of my embrace, drags me to the table and sets a heaping pile of food in front of me. "Eat," he orders and crosses his arms.

I scowl at him. I still don't like taking orders from humans even though this human is now my mate. Well technically not fully my mate till the bond is complete but I'll just think of him as my mate. I almost smile at that but I don't want him to think he can order me around so I suppress it.

Indulging Kai, I pick up the fork and start eating. I moan as the yummy food slides down my throat and Kai smiles in response and starts to eat his food.

"Raziel, we need to talk," Kai says sternly after a few minutes.

Uh oh! When people on the magic box said this humans stopped dating.

"First of all don't stand outside in the freezing cold like that ever again! I almost had a heart attack seeing you like that. No matter what arguments we get into in the future, don't ever neglect your wellbeing," his voice is still stern and commanding but what he requested isn't too difficult so I nod.

"And don't date me if you're going to do it out of pity. Yes, I would love to be your boyfriend but I don't want you to date me if you're doing it because you think I'm lonely and feel sorry for me," he says much quieter and avoids eye contact.

"Is that why you got mad at me yesterday?" I thought it was because I didn't kiss him or because my dislike for his race was present in my voice. I've never pitied him. Even the first time I hugged him I didn't do it out of pity but as an apology for hurting his feelings.

I'm an idiot, I can't believe I made him feel that way! I want him and I think deep down I knew that as soon as I met him. I just didn't want the risk involved with dating a human but I realize now that I don't mind the risks if it's Kai.

The faintest pink tinge appears on his cheeks. For such a pale human he really doesn't blush much. "Yeah, wasn't that the reason you hugged me and let me snuggle with you and intertwine our fingers?" he mumbles, stuffing some food into his mouth.

"That's not the reason. I never pitied you. I let you do those things because I wanted you to. I already told you that you were intriguing." I pause not sure how much I should tell him about the bond and how much that kiss actually meant and changed for me.

I decide to hold off on telling him since he's unaffected by the bond until we complete it and while I already know most of his life story, he's only known me for two days. It's only fair to give him some time to change his mind without being influenced by how it will affect me. And I'm not sure if he actually likes me or if it's just a matter of availability.