Lvii.

"Hey," Jungkook said.

Taehyung looked at him and punched his face. "Fuck! That hurt!" He screamed holding his fist.

"Yeah. I can imagine." Jungkook responded unbothered.

"You deserved that for almost killing my best friend."

"I saved him though. Doesn't that give me any credit?"

"You hesitated for so long. He could've died."

"But he's not. Can I talk to you?"

"I don't know if I'm ready to talk to you again." He mumbled trying to close the door. Jungkook held the door to prevent him from completely shutting it.

"This will be the last time. I promise."

"The last time?"

"Yeah. We're leaving. I'm leaving. I thought I should at least get to explain myself before then."

This took Taehyung by surprise. He was angry with him there was no doubt in that. But the thought of never seeing Jungkook made his heart sunk.

"Okay. Come in."

They took a seat in the couch and Taehyung cleared his throat. "Are you for real leaving? Or this was just an excuse to talk to me?"

"I'm leaving for real."

"If you just apologize to Jin I'm sure we can all work something out—"

"It's not that simple. Do you not know that I'm in love with you?"

Taehyung gulped down nervously. Love. What a bold word. He knew he loved Jin and that he was probably the only one he's ever fallen in love with.

How come Jungkook be so sure of this when they've only known each other six months?

"I love you Taehyung," he reassured.

He felt his heart race and the tips of his ears get hot. It suddenly felt like a warm wave of feelings fall over him.

"That's why I have to leave. When I'm with you I do reckless things. More reckless than the usual. I'm not blaming you at all. It's all my temper. It's my own fault. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that I almost killed the boy you love. I wanted to. I threw the piece by accident, but when I saw him bleeding I wanted to end him. Because it infuriates me how you can't love me like that. That fucking destroys me and when I get in that mindset that makes me not care about anyone. Not even Namjoon who's been my friend for centuries."

"What? You—you know Namjoon? Centuries?"

"Yeah. He's a vampire."

Taehyung took a deep shaky breath. It felt like he had gotten slapped in the face. How many more were there? For all he knew his neighbors could be vampires too.

"Except he's not a monster. He doesn't feed on humans, he's caring and is everything that I'm not. Now do you understand why I can't stay? I would only hurt him and you too."

"Is...is he leaving too?"

"Yeah. He has too."

"Does Jin know about him?"

He shook his head no, "He never told him. In order to protect him from everyone. Including me."

Taehyung laid his head back on the couch and stared at the ceiling. "Why didn't you tell me he was like you?"

"Because he's not."

Taehyung sighed. Jungkook might be a lot of things. A liar is something he wasn't. That was his biggest pet peeve. He wouldn't lie. Not about this.