viii.

"Good luck tonight with Jihyo. Treat her right. Oh, please treat her so right. She's so gorgeous and those eyes—"

"Alright. It's kind of creepy that you're talking about Jimin's girlfriend like that." Taeyong interrupted with a laugh.

"She's—she's not my girlfriend." Jimin affirmed as he approached a stop light. It was good that it was dark outside because he was blushing deeply.

"Side girl?" Taeyong laughed

"Hey! You better take her serious Park! She's a queen and should be treated like one."

"But I—we are not dating. I would never—"

A honk behind him made him realize that the light had turned green. He was the usual designated driver.

Taeyong and Johnny wouldn't ride back home with him. They'll stay to sleep in the dorm. They always did which Jimin didn't really mind. When they got drunk they were ten times worse.

"Hey! I like this song." Taehyung chanted turning up the volume. Loud enough that Jimin's eardrums felt like exploding.

This was better than the awkward conversation between the three. How did he tell them that he didn't really like Jihyo like that? Would that make Johnny turn his back on him therefore Taeyong as well?

That would leave him without any friends. He'd be lonely once again and be targeted. Jimin didn't understand why fitting in was so important to him.

He wished he were like Hoseok. He never cared what anyone thought. He only cared about what he thought.

"You're the coolest person I know Park Jimin." Hoseok had said once.

Jimin smiled at himself remembering this. "You like it too huh?" Taeyong voiced raising his eyebrows while bopping his head to the music.

"Yes." He lied. He hadn't really even paid attention to the song.

Five minutes later they arrived to the parking lot. College dorms were usually split in two buildings. One for the girls and one for the guys.

Jimin had decided to stay at home and drive to school every morning instead of staying in the building. It always gave him paranoia to share a room with a stranger.

"Come on." Johnny grinned holding up a case of beers.

Jimin grabbed his sweet potato pie from the back and nodded. "What the fuck? Who eats this?" Johnny asked.

"Uhh...I mean I do." He whispered.

Taeyong chuckled wrapping his arm around him. "You're so dorky Jimin." He said letting go seconds later.

"And why are you still wearing that scarf? Give it a break." Johnny added.

"I have to wear it." He noted shyly.

"Is the hickey still visible?"

"No." He uttered.

"Then?"

"It's cold outside."

Taeyong shrugged going up the steps. Jimin made sure to be the last one. When the door was opened a wave of smoke and sweat hit him.

Parties weren't his thing. He despised them. Especially because Taeyong and Johnny always found another group to talk to.

Then he was the outcast trying to talk in a group of drunks. It wasn't a pleasant feeling at all. After Jihyo personally invited him it felt wrong to stand her up. He did make up a lie about her. It was only fair to show up.