xxiv.

"So how long have you been dead for?" Taehyung asked brining the cup of wine to his lips.

"Are you shitting me right now?"

"No. I'm being dead serious. No pun intended."

"I brought you in a limo, rented out the whole restaurant and got the most expensive wine bottle. Your conversation starter is my age?"

"Geez. Just to make this clear the only reason I accepted this date was because I'm intrigued about your vampire abilities."

Jungkook smiled, "Very well. I guess that's fair. So, I guess you're wondering what will happen if I jab this fork in my neck."

"Uhh...actually I just want to know—"

Jungkook stabbed himself and blood squirted out making Taehyung gasp. The waiter kept serving their plates ignoring him.

"What the fuck? Why—why—why did you do that? Why isn't he reacting—I—"

"I'm trying to break the ice. It's like an ice breaker. Look. My neck is fine." He said pulling the bloody fork out.

No sign of a wound was visible. It was truly astonishing. "Why did you do that? I—that was disturbing."

"You're in the medical field. You're going to see some pretty disturbing things. I'm basically doing you a favor."

"No—no—I—"

"Thank you Kun. You're an angel. Bring us some more hot sauce?"

The waiter nodded obediently excusing himself. Taehyung kept a confused expression painted on his face.

"He's being compelled to do what I said. It's one of the perks of being immortal. Do you want me to show you what happens if I chop off my hand?"

"No!"

"You have no sense in humor."

"That was not funny. I simply wanted to know how old you were." He mumbled picking up a fork. He couldn't even think of eating right now. Not after watching him stab himself.

He decided to put the silverware back down and drunk more wine instead. Maybe it would take his mind off things.

"I'm eight hundred and sixty-seven years old."

Taehyung's mouth slightly dropped open. That was old old. "What? Weren't expecting me to be that old?"

"Yeah." He whispered astonished.

"I mean technically I'm forever 21. I heard they made a store with that name. Isn't that ironic?"

"Uhh huh."

"Come on. My age is not that surprising."

"It is actually. How—how do you control people?"

"Easy I just get in their head. Some give me a harder times than others. Kun was fairly simple to compel. I also have the ability to detect lies. I'm basically a lying detector."

"Does every vampire have that?"

"No. Only certain vampires have certain abilities. Yoongi for example manipulates thoughts and emotions. Namjoon sees the future. It just depends really."

"So...so there's more like you?"

Jungkook chuckled, "Oh fuck yeah. The world is filled with them."

"I...I...you know when I'm lying?" He thought out loud.

He smirked, "Yes. However, it's only when I pick to use the power. If I don't want to I won't know whether you're lying or not."

"Are you using it right now?"