xvi.

"What can I get for you sir?" The employee asked Namjoon.

"Uhh...I'll have an Americano please."

"Alright. That will be—"

"Here you go. You can keep the change."

"Wow. Thank you."

"Giving away our money huh?" Yoongi asked from across the room.

"I'm the one that works so what's your point here?" He responded without facing him.

"That's the beauty of immortality. We don't have to worry about money."  He mumbled putting down a newspaper.

"Well I'm trying—"

"Excuse me?" The worker asked confused. He had heard him mumble the first time, but tried to ignore it.

"Huh? Sorry. I got distracted."

"I said you can move to the other side. Your order will be ready shortly."

"Okay thanks."

Yoongi got up from the table and approached Namjoon. "Why is it so hard for you to take advantage of people?"

"I want to live a normal human life. That includes working and paying for stuff."

"Namjoon technically you've been dead since 1553. Don't you think it's a bit absurd to do this?"

"Okay well still. Acting human means doing all of this."

Yoongi scoffed, "So righteous. I'll get going I have some stuff to do."

"You're going to see that boy aren't you?"

He shrugged with a smirk, "Maybe. Maybe not."

Before Namjoon could say something his order was called up. "Thank you." He mumbled as he took the cup.

Just as he straightened himself up he froze once he saw Jin walking to the line. He quickly avoided eye contact as he tried to go by him.

However he accidentally bumped onto another person causing his hot coffee to fall on his hand. The guy panicked immediately as he watched Namjoon's skin bubble up into a red sore.

"Oh no! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" He apologized.

Namjoon quickly hid his hand to avoid more commotion. "It's okay. I'm fine." He whispered.

"No! Your skin! I saw it bubble up. I sincerely apologize. I didn't mean to—"

Namjoon pulled him closer and looked him in the eye. "I'm okay. I'm not hurt. It was my fault. The coffee never spilled on my hand. You can keep doing heading wherever you were going to."

The guy nodded continuing to walk. Namjoon looked up and saw Jin staring at him. He gulped and tried to rush out.

Jin quickly pulled him behind. "Can't even talk to me? What a dick move."

"Jin I—"

"You're not worth my time. I can't believe I was ever your friend." He told disappointedly.

"Wait I can explain." He urged as he followed him out the coffee shop.

"Explain what? That you left without any explanation? I'm just so—so—" his face turned a deep red. He was angry to the point he felt it inside his stomach.

"I had to leave. It wasn't safe for me to stay. You have to understand."

"Then why the hell did you talk to me for months and became my friend? I didn't ask you to. You approached me yourself. I'm so confused about this whole thing. Why can't I remember you? Why am I suddenly getting flashbacks of all our conversations? Why am I so freaking lost?" He asked annoyed.