Separated

TW\\ BLOOD AND GORE

"NOW WELCOME TO THE ARENA: YN-41 AND AE-31!!!" boomed a voice from the arena.

"Well I guess that's me." I said, standing up.

Before I could go into the arena, my brother pulled me into a hug.

"Be carful out there." he muttered into my ear.

"Aren't I always?" I said pulling away from the hug.

I sighed and made my way into the arena, blinking at the blinding light of the sun. I heard the crowd cheer as I emerged from the shadows. I looked ahead and saw a boy, about the same age as me, with platinum blond hair, and blue eyes , doing the same thing. 

I looked to the right and looked up, there I saw a big box seat. In it was two people, a male and female, both wearing pristine white suits. I shot them a glare before looking at the boy again.

Looking closer I saw two cat ears poking out of his hair and a tail swishing nervously behind him. I ruffled my feathers as I waited for the signal to start the fight, I could feel my brother watching me from the weapon/waiting room. 

"BEGIN!!!" said the male in the box seat.

I flared my wings open and charged, unsheathing my sword in the process. He stood there just staring at me.

'Is he crazy!?' I thought as I continued charging. 

At the last minute he leaped over me and landed behind me.

"You wanna play it that way huh?" I asked, turning toward him.

"So be it." 

I launched myself at him, catching him off guard. I took advantage of this and slashed my sword at him, but he managed to dodge in time but I managed to still hit him, slashing his arm instead of his chest.

The crowd cheered the moment they saw blood. 

The boy turned to my and attacked, clawing at my face. I dodged to avoid a critical hit, but he still hit my eye. I hissed in pain as I hit him with my wing. 

I launched myself at him again while he was still dazed pinning him to the ground, my sword pressed against his throat. I looked at the directors in the box seat, looking for any sign of approval. 

They gave me a thumbs up.

I looked back at the boy, I could see the fear in his eyes. I gave him a sad look.

"I'm sorry." was all I said before I quickly pressed my blade harder onto his neck and quickly slashed my sword across his neck, killing him instantly.

I stood up and made my way to the weapon/waiting room and sat down at the bench. I let out a shaky breath as my brother sat beside me.

"He was just a kid." I said.

"We all are." He replied.

"NEXT UP IS TB-42 AND NS-32."

"Good luck." I said as he made his way into the arena.

-ten minutes later-

My brother and I were in our "room" tending to our wounds when the door opened. there was a new scientist that we had never seen before. 

"TB-42 you nee to come with me, I saw how you fought so I decided to buy you." he said, reaching for my brother.

My eyes widened as I saw him grab my brothers wrist and start to drag him away. He fought back and he managed to hit the scientist in the stomach, winding him. My brother ran to me and cupped my face in his hands.

"Sis I want you to listen, I will find you, don't stop fighting and stay alive ok?" he said as I started to cry.

"Hey, don't cry, I'll come back for you." He said as the scientist grabbed the back of his shirt.

"BROTHER!!!" I yelled as I tried to chase after them.

"Don't stop fighting." He repeated as the door closed.

I fell to my knees when the door closed.

 My brother, my only friend, was gone.

I curled up in a ball and cried.